Chapter 7: Attempted Apologzing, Ignoring, and---OH Shit

Honestly, Regulus did not know how much he needed this break. Yes, he loves his friends and his brother but sometimes they can't get a little bit crazy especially with the whole triangle going on and heaven knows what else. So just having a chill moment is far between and it was great. Sure he was still upset at his friends—he was planning on sitting with Severus at the feast cause he could already feel that he was going to be talked around—but he had some fun which is important. Though he was late in getting ready in his Hogwarts uniform so he had to rush off the train and got in a carriage with people he didn't know.

Once he got into the Great Hall he sat with Severus who was at the end. All the other seats were taken so thankfully it didn't look too weird and his friends didn't notice, probably still thinking he was with the other and that is why he couldn't make it. The sorting was boring and little kids came and found seats at the table. All in all it was a normal first feast. People talking around the big bits of found in their mouths. Chatter was all over and the occasional yell from a prank that someone pulled. Regulus was suspicious that it was the Marauders doing. Both Severus and Regulus were eating when Severus asked him.

"So, what is the plan with your friends and brother? If you want you can sleep in my dorm you can, my dormmates won't mind." Severus says pausing to swallow the food he was eating, he had his hand infront of his mouth while he was talking but it was down now. He looked like he was going to say something but paused before saying it. "Do you want my opoion on the matter?"

"Of course," Regulus replies, preparing himself for what Severus was going to say. Basing on the the fact that it took him a moment befoe saying the words and then asking if Regulus wanted to hear them told him it was going to be a brutal one that he may or may not want to hear. But that was one the things that he loves about Severus when you go to him you don't get the sugar coating.

"So, your friends and brother both shoved you aside half-hazardly and they didn't want to talk to you about whatever happened. They have the right to do that but, they could have been kinder about it. And I understand if you just want to make things right but," Severus says pausing again moving his fork around while he thought. "I think that you should take time away from them." Severus said looking at Regulus for his reaction as if to see if he should contutine down this path of should stop while he was ahead.

"I didn't like what they did but do to take a break? I am not so sure. . ." Regulus said looking at his Pumkin juice seeing his reflection in it. Regulus remembered that a part of divination was Scrying where one looks at a relfactive surface and you can see things of the future. Though some way think that it is like visions when it is not it is more of looking at you in the future. Seeing your reflection age and see if joy or sadness would fall upon you. To see new haircuts to getting taller and seeing friends around you as family. Regulus remember when he was younger he could do it easily but now it was harder then ever. There was no answers for him here.

"Well, maybe a break is not the best way to put it. More like giving you some space so you can get used to the new idea of what your friendship is with them. Since, and remember this is my opoion, that being around them and knowing that they don't trust you with something will just make it worse for all parties all around." Severus explains, he cares for all of his friends and he can tell that if this continues then it will not be a pretty thing. Regulus thought about this for a second and agreed to it. This will just end badly for everyone if this countines.

"Yeah, that sounds like a plan Severus."

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Evan and Barty were able to snag a seat and waited for Regulus to come down but it took him a while to come so they weren't able to sit next to each other which was a odd thing. They have never been sperated for the first feast in all of their years of Hogwarts. To say that this first feast was an awakward one was the understatemnet of the centuary. Evan was not so sure what he was going to do.

He felt really bad for what he did to his boyfriend but he also didn't feel ready to face the fire that was Sirius. Merlin, he just made this more of mess didn't he? Barty and Evan proceeded to dance around the topic as they both were hurt and confused and it just felt better that way.

The next thing Evan knows, is it is over and they are walking to their dorms. Well more like they were wondering the halls as everyone else did so they would avoid the hell scape that is the prefects showing them to the dorms and around. Though only select Prefects were chosen since not everyone was suit for the job. Like Remus or Regulus.

The two Slytherins were also looking for Regulus unsure of where he had went off to. That was when they stumbled upon the Marauders who immdently noticed them as if they had a sixth sense that Evan and Barty where in their persense—which would honestly not surpise Evan at this point—and turned around to look at them.

Evan and Barty proceed to give each other a look that said "Aw shit how can we get out of this?" But to anyone else it would just look like they were staring at each other blankly.

"Hey, Evan can I talk to you?" James came over and asks looking at the ground the whole time as if his shoes were Evan's face, a hand placed on his neck clearly a ball of nevres about this. He should be, Evan thought pissed everything going on around him. How should I react? I mean he is clearly is trying to apologize and yeah Evan shouldn't have said that but still, he was pissed at James for just telling Sirius and then getting mad at him when he was explain himself—again should have worded it better—so he didn't want to hear it right now. Evan looked over at Barty who gave him a look "Up to you but I don't think you should hear it right now." and Evan couldn't help but agree right now.

"Well, you just did," Evan started and James finally looked up at him and he couldn't make himself be rude or just tell him. "But I can't talk right now," Evan was going to say "Because I don't want to hear it right now" but stopped himself at the sight of seeing James's face fall at his words. Oh Morgana he was under his spell. "Me and Barty are trying to find Regulus we were not sure where he went after we told him to go to you guys–"

"–in fact we thought he was still with y'all." Barty cut him off looking at them susposisuly now. Evan suddeny had the strong urge to hit himself. Of course. Regulus would have been with them. But he isn't.

"We told him to go to you guys. . ." Sirius said seemingly suddenly realizing that Regulus was in fact not with them either.

"Shit," They all said at once, how? No one knew.