Chapter 2~~Camp Half Blood

I didn't like the sound of it. According to them, after being defeated by a young demigod and his friends, my father became very weak. He was afraid he would die, so he created me from all the world's elements and sent me to live with humans so the "scent of my strong power" wouldn't attract the Olympian gods and cause they could kill me. I looked out the window and into the thick forest surrounding us.

We were on our way to what my friends said was "Camp Half Blood." They said that it's the safest place on heaven and earth for all demigods.

"What about mom and dad?" I asked, worrying that my adoptive parents would get mad that I abruptly left. I doubted they would believe me if I say I have to go to a camp cause I'm a half goddess.

"Don't worry, the Lord will make sure they will have no suspicions," Zach winked.

"Why can't I just be with him?"

"Because Lord Kronos is still weak," Zach said. "There was a prophecy made many centuries ago--"

"How do you know?" I interrupted.

"I was there." He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious and continued, "It said that the Lord's daughter shall help him succeed in defeating the other gods if not influenced."

"By who?"

"We don't know." Melanie shook her head sadly. "We just have to make sure that you will not forget that everyone at Camp is your enemy. We're only going there to retrieve information for your father so he can start planning his return."

"Do you see that ring your wearing?" Zach pointed to my hand. There in my finger was a gold ring with a red ruby on top.

"Mom and dad said I've always had it all my life. "

"The Lord gave it to you to make sure not all of your memory gets erased when you live with the humans."

"Why would he want to erase my memory?"

"Cause the more a demigod knows about their parent the more vulnerable they are." Zach said in a duh tone.

"And at camp we're pose as a group of demigods who survived an attack of monsters?" I asked. I was catching up pretty fast on the whole danger of a demigod thing. Zach nodded and the cab stopped. I looked around and saw that we were surrounded by nothing but trees. We got out and the cab sped away.

"Uh, are we at the right place?" I asked, peeking through the dense forest.

"This way." Was all that Melanie said. We followed her and soon we were standing in front of some gates that had a sign on top that read, "Camp Half-Blood." I blinked for a second and I swear those letters did not look English. I shook my head. Too much insanity's going on right now.

"Come on," Zach interrupted my thoughts and we entered. When we passed the gate, I felt as if something invisible brushed through me. A boy--no, a half boy, half goat--came and grinned.

"I knew I smelled new campers." He beamed, bouncing excitedly in his hind legs.

My friends and I looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"I'm Zach, and these are Amber and Melanie." Zach said, breaking the silence..

"Nice to meet you all. I'm Grover, by the way." He grinned.

"Please follow me. There are people who would be more than happy to welcome you."

~~~*~~~*~~~

I was standing on a beautiful porch decorated by delicious looking strawberries. In front of me stood a centaur, whose name I found out was Chiron, and a plump looking man who seemed to terrify small satyrs who were serving drinks. I think his name was Dionysus. That's right--the God of Wine himself. He and Chiron had been explaining the rules and how things work here. My first impression of this place was...odd. I saw different sorts of creatures mingling with humans as if they were were all the same kind.

Zach and Melanie acted as if they've been here before. I had a feeling they had. From the corner of my eye I saw a boy with dark messy hair battling a blonde girl in swordfighting. The boy was pretty good, but the girl seemed to counteract his every move as if she can read his mind.

"Here is a map of the camp and the schedule during a typical day when campers don't go on quests." Chiron interrupted my thoughts and handed the three of us papers with a schedule written on it.

Flaming arrows, winged horsebackriding, I scanned the paper. Monster Assault Techniques, Make Your Own Bronze Weapon.

Dang. These activities sure are extreme cmpared to the other summer camps I've beent to.

Then again, this isn't exactly regular camp for regular people.

Well, this should be fun.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: There is a slideshow of Camp Half-Blood's map and activity schedule :)