Chapter 12~~It's Romeo and Juliet All Over Again

He was the reason that father was so weak that he was practically dying!

I burst into fresh tears and cried continously. I fell in love with my worst enemy! It was simply unforgivable! Had the circumstances been different I would've laughed at the similarity of the situation to Romeo and Juliet's forbidden love.

Suddenly, I heard grinding noise outside and hurriedly shoved the letter back in the box. My tear streaked face looked up in time to see Percy, Zach, and Melanie. I peeked behind them, wondering how they could've gone past my invincible wall. Then I saw a huge hole by the wall, it was black, as if it was burned. Zach must've used lightning to make a hole on the ground so they can crawl through it to get to the cabin.

"Amber!" Percy exclaimed and wrapped his arms around me. The moment we made contact I bursted into tears once again as Zeus' words lingered in my mind.

"What's wrong? Are you in pain?" Zach pulled me from Percy and wiped the tears with his thumb. Percy advanced towards us but stopped in his feet when the door slammed open, revealing Annabeth.

"What's going on?" She demanded. "Chiron wants to know why there's a big igloo surrounding this cabin and a big, burnt hole through it."

"It's nothing, really." Percy forced a smile. "No big deal."

Annabeth looked unconvinced but nodded anyway. She narrowed her gray eyes at me and I felt like I was being given an x-ray. "I think I should go tell Chi--"

Annabeth broke off when Percy pressed his lips on hers. My chest immediately felt like it was on fire, and Annabeth's soft moans only added fuel to it. My heart ached more than ever as if it had been stabbed as I watched them in a lip lock embrace. He pulled back and she smiled. It was obvious in her face that she forgot about what she was gonna say.

"Please, forget about this. Everything's under control." He said as he stared into Annabeth's gray eyes. "Come on," she pulled Percy towards the door, probably to make out some more. As they left, Percy turned and met my eyes. I quickly lowered my gaze and felt his emotions turn from anxiety to regret.

"What happened?" Melanie demanded the moment they were gone. Zach helped me sit on the bed, seeing I was still shaking.

"Is it true father is going to rise to power the moment I turn 16?" I demanded, my voice shaking. Shock filled my friends' face and they avoided my eyes. "Well, is it true?"

Melanie looked up and said. "How did you--"

"Just answer," I said through my teeth, with authority in my voice.

Zach sighed and nodded. "Yes, the Lord will come when you turn 16. I told you before, there was a prophecy made years ago. It went,

'The Lord of Time may be defeated

But shall rise once more and to the throne of Olympus will be seated

With the help of his child he shall succeed

But if influenced by enemies, the fall of her father, she shall decide to lead.'"

I sat silently, pondering over the prophecy, especially the part where it said I was gonna be influenced. Was the person who was going to influence me Percy? Was me falling for him a part of the prophecy to distract me from my purpose? Or did he know about the prophecy and decided to be that influence? I shook my head. Percy didn't even know Kronus had a daughter. No one did.

"Are you okay?" Zach asked, concerned.

I wiped my face from any remaining tears as I nodded and stood up. "I'll just go get rid of the ice wall and go going for a walk."

They slowly nodded reluctantly and I left. I held my palm up and the ice shrank to the ground, revealing a group of Hephestus kids holding large machines that looked like it was used for demolition. They stared at me in awe as I walked past them, and I snapped, "The wall's gone, and so is the show. Now get lost."

Murmurs rose from the campers as I walked away, thinking about the prophecy. I knew that Percy was meant as my distraction, but will I give in seeing I'm in love with him? I stopped on my tracks as I saw Percy and Annabeth kissing under a maple tree with a couple of Nymphs giggling nearby. The wound in my heart opened once more and I gripped my ring for strength. My heart felt as if it was being ripped apart, but I knew I didn't have a right to be jealous. I wasn't even supposed to fall for him. I closed my eyes and forced myself to look away. I am not going to let a boy like him sidetrack me from my mission. Even if it means forgetting about my feelings for him. 

Forever.