Chapter 7~~Time To Do Bad In Camp

Days passed by and I began to get used to my weekday routine.

My skills at nearly every activity were getting better and better. My swordfighting skills got better each day, and Clarisse was starting to battle me harder than we first did. I was able to fire more than five flaming arrows at a time, each one hitting the target perfectly. Winged horseback riding was a piece of cake for me too, mainly cause I had horsebackriding lessons when I was a child, and a horse with wings is no different than a normal one. Capture the flag was easy too, Clarisse's team never lost ever since Zach, Melanie, and I joined.

I was excelling at each one of the camp's activites that everyone was having a hard time determining whose child I was.

"Maybe she's Ares' daughter?" A camper asked his friend as they walked nearby. Zach, Melanie, and I were sitting by the beach, taking advantage of our two hour free time.

"She may be good at fighting, but she's good at other stuff too!" His friend argued.

"Looks like you're getting popular here," Zach commented as he poked the sand with a dimly lit lightning.

"Too popular," Melanie corrected. "If you continue that, people will get suspicions."

"Yeah. Looks like I have to try doing bad." I sighed and played with the wind. It twirled through my fingers and with a motion of my hand it turned into a small hurricane in the sand. It went to Zach and he spat out tiny grains of sand. "Thanks," he coughed.

"Anytime," I giggled.

"What are you planning to do now?" He asked as he dusted sand off his shoulders.

"Lay low in the activities, of course." I said as I rolled father's ring in my fingers. "The last thing I need right now is to fail Him."

Zach and Melanie nodded solemnly and we sat in comfortable silence after that. The only sound that can be heard were the lapping of waves and the sound of the seagulls above us.

"So you two got moved from the Poseidon cabin, huh." I muttered, looking out into the sea. After Zach was claimed by Zeus he was moved into his cabin. Melanie was moved as well into the Athena cabin, which, Annabeth wasn't very happy about.

Zach sighed and nodded. But then his eyes lit up. "You know, you can move with me. After all, the Zeus' cabin is roomy and I hear the other Zeus' kid joined Artemis' hunting group. Which leaves plenty of room to--"

"Not gonna happen," Melanie and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed.

"Why not?" Zach frowned.

"Cause I'm not Zeus' daughter." I rolled my eyes.

"You're not Poseidon's daughter either."

"But I was moved there cause the Hermes cabin was full."

"You just wanna stay with Jackson."

I glared at Zach and small yet sharp ice crystals formed around him, surrounding him in a circle.

"Whoa," Zach said, moving his legs together to avoid the spiky points of the crystals. "Keep those things away from me, would you?"

"Don't say that again." The crystals inched closer.

"Okay!" He surrendered and the crystals dissolved into water and seeped through the sand.

He sighed, relieved and I laughed with Melanie. He glared at us, but was hiding a smile and soon he too was laughing. My eyes passed behind Zach and there I saw a dark haired boy, walking away.

My sharp eyes saw his sea green eyes as he turned away. As he walked away with slumped shoulders, I couldn't help but feel a certain emotion coming from him. 

Jealousy.