Chapter 5~~A Monster Didn't Make Me Scream This Time

~Amber~

My eyes widened as the crowd cheered. It seemed louder than the lightning that came a while ago. I saw hurt in Melanie's eyes as she ran away. I pulled my hands on Zach's chest and pushed him back and without thinking, slapped him. The sound was sharp enough to silence the cheering crowd.

"Amber, why did you..." Zach said, hurt written all over his face as he ran his fingers on the red mark of my hand on his cheek.

"You had no right to do that." I shoved the flag to him and walked away. The crowd parted as if I had a disease and let me pass through. I didn't stop walking from them until I felt my feet hurt.

"Great," I sighed and sat by the lake. The same spot where Percy first talked to me. I put my hands on my face as I sat and bit my lip to keep myself from crying. How could Zach? How could he do that in front of Melanie. Doesn't he know she likes him? I shook my head in disgust. 

"Hey," I heard someone say and looked up to see Percy looking at me with worry filling his eyes.

"Leave me alone, Percy. I'm not in the mood for fighting." I buried my face on my hands shamefully.

There was silence and I peeked from my fingers, only to see Percy staring at the sky. I uncovered my face, confused, and noticed the other campers were gathering around us. Zach came and I shot a glare. Melanie came from the opposite direction and she shot a glare at me. I was about to ask someone what was going on when the sky rumbled. There was a sudden light from the sky and it shone down towards us and stopped at Zach. He gave Chiron a confused look, but the centaur was staring at the sky. I followed his gaze and saw an image of a lightning bolt at the sky. Within moments the light was gone, and so was the image. Statements were thrown by campers from every direction.

"He has been claimed." A camper said.

"By Zeus!"

"A child of the Big three!"

"I thought Thalia was the only one."

"Was he the one who sent the lightning bolt by Zeus' fist?"

"Impossible. He was too far away."

I glanced at my friend who didn't look suprised. After all, father must've told him when he made Zach immortal centruries ago. But was he the one who sent the bolt at the fist?

I was gonna ask if only I wasn't mad at him. There was another light formed in the sky and everyone fell silent.

"Another one!"

"Ssshhh!"

The light moved and fell on Melanie and an image of an owl formed at the sky. Just as before, the light disappeared and so did the trident.

"Yo Annabeth, you have a sister!" One shouted and Annabeth grimaced.

"What about Amber?"

"Maybe the light forgot her?"

"The gods never forget about their kids."

I slowly back away from the lake, scared that the light might come and Kronos symbol might appear. I bumped into Annabeth and she glared at me and pushed me back where I was. Everyone stared at the sky for my godly parent while I searched for a way to escape. There was none. After a few minutes, the campers decided that maybe I was still an undecided camper.

"Amber," a voice said. I turned and saw Chiron giving me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry that you haven't been claimed yet."

"Uh, it's ok. There's always a next time! Now if you'll excuse me," I forced a smile and hurriedly left before things could get more suspicious.

~*~*~*~

The next day, I streched my arms as I laid on bed and opened my eyes. I yawned as I sat up and checked the clock. It read 10:15, saturday. I sat up and saw the other beds empty, but made. Which was weird, cause neither Melanie nor Zach does their bed in the morning. Thinking I was alone in the cabin, I took off my short shorts and tank top and grabbed my towel. I sleepily went in the bathroom and felt my eyes bug out.

That's when I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Percy screamed in return and grabbed a towel. I hid my face in mine and bumped on the door as I hastily tried to leave.

I just saw Percy Jackson naked! Nothing, I repeat, nothing can be more traumatic than that!

With my towel still on my face I clumsily walked out and tripped on something, making me fall on the ground. I groaned in pain as I landed on the hard floor and rolled on my back, feeling the pain in my leg as heard Percy call my name. He ran out the bathroom and I widened my eyes as his feet get caught on mine and he fell on top of me.

That's when I screamed again