Chapter 42

When the next day came around, the excitement for Wheeljack's arrival could be felt from Bulkhead. He was very excited about seeing an old friend again, and it certainly was something that has not been felt for a long time. Azura wasn't sure how to feel about it though. When she got up that morning, she thought about asking Bulkhead more about Wheeljack. She was certain that there was a lot of stories that Bulkhead had of Wheeljack. The way he spoke about Wheeljack was clear that the wrecker was close to him and they had been great friends. Bulkhead even brought Miko to the base early due to how excited he was. He has at least made wanting to meet Wheeljack exciting.

Azura was in her room with Optimus at the moment as she was being fed. Optimus noticed she seemed a bit hungrier than usual, and he was pleased with that. It meant she was going to go through a growth spurt, and her body was simply needing more energon in preparation for the growth spurt. Azura didn't really notice she was hungrier, but that was okay. It was something that would come naturally as she grows. It would still be a few years before she can even try high-grade energon. It was too strong for her right now, and her system would overload. Even then, intake of high-grade was monitored, and she would still be on low-grade as she would only be able to have the high-grade in small amounts. It wouldn't be enough to keep her satisfied. But he did know that whatever procedure Ratchet wanted Azura to undertake could set that back a couple years.

Optimus turned his head as the door opened and Azura tensed in surprise, turning her body to face his chassis to try and hide from whoever had walked in. It was Jack. "Morning, Optimus. I am sorry if I am bothering you and Azura, but I kind of wanted to hide from Miko's excitement."

Optimus smiled at the boy as he understood how he was feeling. "It is why I brought Azura back into her room so she could feed without Miko's excitement. Bulkhead's as well, though he is more contained than Miko."

Jack nodded and looked at Optimus's arms. He smiled as he saw that Azura was trying to hide from him, and he noticed she had the Stitch plush tucked under her arm. He was happy she was so attached to it. He glanced at Optimus as he noticed he was kneeling. "I am surprised you don't have anything like a rocking chair in this nursery."

"A rocking chair?" Optimus questioned curiously. "What is that?" He glanced down at Azura when she grumbled unhappily as she continued to drinking the low-grade energon.

"It's a pretty simple chair, really. It is basically a chair that is designed to rock gently with a bit of pressure..." Jack knew he didn't have anything to show what one would basically look like. "It would probably be better than kneeling like that. You can sit and rock gently, though it might make Azura fall asleep. Especially while drinking."

Optimus pondered on the idea before he smiled. "It sounds like a simple, but nice thing to add to this room. I will definitely consider making one for me to sit on in this room. I will certainly make sure of it."

Azura couldn't believe that Jack had suggested that. Being rocked to sleep really did sound very nice, but she didn't expect Jack to make that suggestion to Optimus. She had not really thought of telling Optimus about that kind of chair, mostly because she was happy with just being held. But she knew she was also wanting other things, even if they weren't entirely necessary. And now Jack had gone and told Optimus about it before she could.

"I am also very glad that Azura loves that toy," Jack said with a smile as he walked over to take a seat on the couch. "I am suspecting she didn't let go of it last night." The leader shook his head and Jack chuckled softly. "I am glad that she loves it. I hope it will last for a long time. Sometimes stuffed toys can get ripped and dirty very quickly, but I do hope this will last for a long time."

"I do not think Azura will do anything to destroy the toy, Jack. The other toys are cared for, and she mostly leaves them in her berth. It just seems this one is special to her because you got it for her, and she loves the movie." Azura grumbled again and she was almost finished feeding, so Optimus slowed the flow of the low-grade and cut it off so she could finish up what was in the fuel line. "It is not unusual either. Sparklings will often cling to a particular toy given to them for many years due to a sentiment it might have to it."