Chapter 1 Prologue

Irina stares at Ajax in shock, "Woah! Ajax! That was amazing!" Ajax laughs and holds his head up high. "It was nothing! Even you can catch a fish using wood!" Irina, an nine year old girl, smiles brightly, "Woaaah!! Really, Ajax?" Ajax smiles and pats her head. "I'm serious, Irina! Remember the promise I made you?"

Irina nods, "You promised to never lie, and that you would always protect me!" Ajax smiles, "Mmhm! You can count on me!" Irina gasps, "Oh! Ajax! I have to go home, bye bye!" Irina waves and runs back to her house. Ajax smiles and waves at her, "I guess I should get going."

Ajax began to make his way home, but was confronted by angry wolves, "Dang it...!" Ajax ran towards the edge of the cliff, "...!" Ajax slips, he stares at the sky as he slowly descends into the abyss.

Irina yawns, "I'll go visit Ajax!" Irina hugs her parents goodbye and walks out the door. "Oh! Ma'am!" A ginger woman turns, "Irina...! How you seen Ajax..?" Irina shakes her head, "No. I was going to ask you if I could play with him." The ginger woman sighs, "... Irina, Ajax is missing..."

Irina's eyes widened as small tears entered her eyes, "Missing...?!" The ginger woman nods, "He went missing yesterday... Keep a lookout for him, okay Irina?" Irina nods and searches the entire town, in hopes she will find her missing friend.

"It's been three days.... Where could Ajax be...!" Irina sighs and walks towards the market. "Irina!!" Irina's eyes widened as she turns, "Ajax?!" Ajax tightly hugs Irina, "I'm so sorry!" Irina cries as she holds onto Ajax. "Do you realize how worried I've been?!" Ajax laughs, "I fell into the abyss, and I learned how to fight... Correctly.."

Irina nods and smiles, "I'm just so happy you're okay...." Ajax smiles and pats Irina's head. "Pa said I have to join the Fatui... He said it was to straighten me out." Irina gasped, "But you're only eleven...!" Ajax laughs, It will be alright Irina! I learned a lot in the abyss.... Irina, I'll kill anyone that tries to hurt you."

Irina sighs, "... Alright Ajax..." Ajax smiles, and leaves to go to a Fatui training camp. Irina holds her hands together, "... I don't think I want to join the Fatui... I might do better at something else...." Irina wandered aimlessly until she spotted a single bakery. "Maybe I'm good at baking haha!"

End Prologue.