Chapter 12

"A-Ajax?! How did you get in my house...?" Ajax blinks before he coughs. "... I used the key under your mat..." Aether raises a brow, "What are you even doing here?" Ajax laughs, his irritation coming though. "I could ask you the same thing Comrade!" Ajax narrows his eyes. "Why are you in my sweetheart's house..." Irina moves in front of Aether, "He's here because I let him! Ajax..... Please don't..." Ajax's eyes widened as he sighs. "Fine.... I've come about more important matters anyway."

           "Important matters...?" Irina tilts her head, "What is it Ajax?" Ajax sighs. "Irina..... Do you remember a Fatui harbinger called.... The doctor?" Irina's face pales. "Y-yes.... What of him..?" Ajax hugs Irina, "I'm not sure why he is so intrigued by you.... He has been asking around about you, sweetheart..." Aether clears his throat. "So, is Irina in danger?" Ajax shakes his head, "No. I would never let her be in danger.... I came to warn her about Dottore though." Ajax pats Irina's head. "It's better for her to be aware of who's trying to find her...."

          "Anyways.... Irina, I think you should come to stay with me at my place." Aether grabs Irina's hand, "Why? I can protect her just fine." Ajax raises a brow. "My place has guards, you're very reliable comrade.... But my place is safer." Aether raises his brow, "I can beat all of your guards.... I also can beat you." Ajax struggles to keep smiling. "No need to rub that in comrade...." Irina blinks, "Ajax.... I think I'll be fine here with Aether." Ajax sighs. "If you say so, sweetheart.... Just remember the offer is always on the table..... Just please be careful of Dottore..." Irina smiles as she gently hugs Ajax.

            "I'll be okay Ajax! I'll call you if anything happens!" Ajax nods as he pats Irina's head. "Alright.... I'll be off now. See you later, sweetheart..." Ajax hugs Irina and kisses her forehead as he walks out the door. Aether softly sighs, "What are we going to do? Regarding Dottore I mean..." Irina gently holds her vision, "I'll defend myself.... But.... I know you'll help me...." Aether nods as he gently hugs Irina. "It'll be okay.... I'll protect you..." Irina lays her head on Aether's chest, "Thank you, Aether...." Aether nods as he hugs her tightly. "It's my pleasure.... I'll always protect you...." '... Because I love you....'