Chapter 2

Snow, something so common. Yet what you find in the snow isn’t always common. Like the feeling of eyes watching or a shuffle of snow a distance away. Like someone is there. And then the next this you know there is someone there, staring right at you. Like right now.

Violet eyes looked down, a child no older than 13 stared at the 9 year old before her. Icy blue hair fading into white bat like ears, tanish skin. She looked foreign, yet the necklace told a different tale with it being a Snazhnaya framed vision. Irina was wondering who this person was, their attire made no sense for the cold weather

. “Um, excuse me but are you alright? You look cold and not prepared for the cold” all she got in return was a head tilt before nodding. How was a large baggy shirt and what looks like shorts work? “Do you, have a place to call home? Oh! Im Irina! Whats your name?” violet eyes stared before the girl spoke, voice cold and void of emotion

“¥%€$&a#£ is my name. I have a home yes. Irina you say…..be wary of strangers next time. Not all of them are nice.” then everything became warped, as if an echo or a shattered window or mirror rang clear. And a cold sweat of waking up from a nightmare was all that remained. Even if the dream began to become difficult to remember now.

Present Time

     Irina wakes up, "... A dream..." Irina sighs and holds her head. "I need to open the bakery!" Irina quickly dresses herself and sets off for the bakery. "I wonder what I should bake today... Maybe a foreign dessert?" Irina smiles and dusts the dust off her skirt, "Maybe I'll receive a letter from Ajax!"

   Irina finishes prepping for the day, "I just need to wait for customers now." Irina pulls out a book and reads quietly. Irina jumps, "Hello sir! How many I help you?" A tall, dark haired man enters the bakery. "Hello Ms. Irina..." Irina tilts her head, "... Hello? Is there anything you might like?"

   The man pauses, "Do you not know who I am?" Irina shakes her head, "Am I supposed too..? I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect!" The man laughs, "No worries my dear! I am Pantalone. I was just wondering, why have you not joined the Fatui? You have a vision do you not?" Irina gently smiles and holds her hydro vision.

    "I think I'm better suited to be a baker." Irina calmly pats her apron. "I see... I'll just take a cookie." Irina chuckles, "Here you go sir! Have a nice day!" Irina waves as the man exits the bakery.

With Pantalone
      Pantalone hums, "What an interesting woman..." Pantalone takes a small bite out of the cookie, his eyes light up in surprise. "This tastes amazing..!" Pantalone chuckles, "I do suppose she is a good baker... I will have to visit more often."

Back to Irina
       Irina hums as she reads the letter sent to her. 'Irina! I hope you're well! Everything in Liyue is so different from what we're used too! It's very colorful and bright. I sent you some souvenirs I got you! How is everyone back home? Is your bakery doing okay? I can't help but worry... I'll try and get home soon! With love, Ajax.'

      Irina happily smiles as she looks as the hair ribbon and recipes Ajax bought her, "Awww..! Ajax..! He's so sweet..." Irina closes up the bakery for the night. "I'll have to write back to Ajax when I get home." Irina hums as she walks back to her house, "I hope Ajax is alright..."

Author's Note
My best friend wrote the dream part! She is the co-author of this book! Great job Bestie!