Confusion

All of the robots shouted at once. "Wait, what?!"

Rodney looked panicked especially, including Cappy. "Mr. Bigweld, I really think that you should reconsider--"

"There will be none of that," Mr. Bigweld said. "I for one am an empath and a pacifist and prefer to keep any issue away as necessary. I am not the sort of guy to love bashing a robots head in and melting him for parts, you know."

Ratchet gulped.

"However! I do believe in second chances, and while Mr. Ratchet has practically done everything in his right mind to prove to us that he is a despicable being, I think that he can prove himself worthy. After all, you can shine out of what you're made of, even if you happen to be a bullheaded jerkwad."

The robots jaws were open in disbelief. Even Ratchet's. Aunt Fanny was wiping her eyes in admiration. "What a gentleman!" she said.

Rodney looked uncomfortable. "Mr. Bigweld, if you please--"

Cappy stood up and went over to her boss. "You can't let him back into the company! He essentially threw you out of power and did bad! You can't let someone like that back!"

"Ah, but I can! I wouldn't have if I didn't believe that he could change," Bigweld said.

Rodney was super confused. He didn't know if Bigweld was being serious or if he was just doing this to impress Aunt Fanny.

"Don't any of you worry! I'm sure that Ratchet can make up for everything that he's done. All of that time in the underground should've loosened him up, anyway."

"You don't know that!" Rodney said.

"It's something I'm willing to try!"

Cappy became defensive. "Mr. Bigweld--"

"Badabadaba! I don't want to hear anymore of it!". He pointed at Ratchet. "I want to see you at work tomorrow! Don't be late! And bring a suit! It's always best to be presentable and professional!"

Ratchet was confused as well. As soon as Bigweld came in, he was sure that he would do something to make him regret. But instead he offered him a job? Was that part of his plan? It had to have been. Either way, he half heartedly nodded his head. "Right, yes sir."

Bigweld smiled big like he just accomplished something. "Good!" He then looked down at Aunt Fanny with a sultry look in his eye. He took her by the arm and she giggled as he led her out of the house. Aunt Fanny shouted to the others, "Behave, kids! I'll be back in a little while!"

When they heard the door closed, everyone started shouting at each other.

"What the heck is Bigweld thinking?"

"Ratchet doesn't deserve to be here! He doesn't deserve any second chances!"

"Nothing changes the fact of what he did! There's nothing he can redeem from this!"

Cappy looked around and saw Rodney going upstairs. He couldn't take the noise. She followed him and saw him sitting in one of the hammocks in Fender's room curled in a ball. Cappy looked at him sadly and walked over to him.

"I really wish there was something we could do about this," she said.

Rodney didn't say anything.

Cappy said, "You know, maybe Bigweld has a point. Hiring him might put him in his place and realize the severity of what he's done."

"I dont think so," Rodney quietly said. "I really don't know."

"Bigweld might have something up his sleeve. Maybe he will --"

"Cappy, I don't think you understand how much this hurts me," Rodney said, finally facing her. "He hurt robots like me. He used them for scrap metal products. What can anyone do to change that?"

"Rodney, I do understand--"

"Do you, though? You're practically what he envisioned the rest of us to look like."

"What?"

"Perfect. Shiny and perfect. No room for flaws."

Cappy furrowed her brows. "I didn't ask to look this way, Rodney. That doesn't mean that I'm not capable of feeling things."

Rodney widened his eyes. "That's not what I--"

"It sounded very much so," Cappy intereupted. Closing her hand into a fist, she sighed. "I'm going to go home. I'll see you tomorrow."

Rodney didn't reach out for her to stay and instead quietly watched as she walked out of the room. He hid his face back in his arms and cried.