Ratchet's Notes (AKA His Diary)

A/N - sorry for casket gasket fnaf jump scare 😔

-----

Rodney didn't move for a second, too shocked to come across this folder. Madame Gasket's Plans? Like for the Chop Shop, and the "recycling" issue? Could this be where all of his questions would be answered concerning their motivation for what they did?

Intrigued now, Rodney grabbed the folders and put them on the desk. He opened them and looked through them. They looked to be notes on lined paper or blue prints and sketches for molds for robots. It looked like Madame Gasket and Ratchet really were going to take full control of the company, changing the brand from Bigweld to Ratchet.

Rodney made a disgusted face. This was sickening behavior. It was totally corrupt. Good thing that Madame Gasket wasn't a problem anymore, but there was still Ratchet to deal with. What's stopping him from taking back control of the company again?

Rodney looked a little bit more at the plans and such. Apparently there were plans to expand the Chop Shop as well. Rodney crinkled them up and threw them away.

When he got to another folder, when he opened it, he saw that there was a stack of lined paper that were dated and signed at the bottom with a signature. Rodney skimmed through it, not exactly reading it completely. That was until he got to a certain sentence that said, "Mother said so."

Rodney, confused now by the context, started again and read it slowly this time.

"Today is the last day, or so Mother describes it. Apparently there has been talk of a revolt in the company as well as with the outside community. Rumor has it that the outmodes are planning an attack and riot against us. We made all of the precautions to prepare for this attack and will use any means necessary to defend the company from them, if that so happens. Supposedly some of the workers here as well are planning to join in the riot. While I'm not certain, I suspect that Miss Cappy is involved in this as well, as she hasn't been present in the past few days. We must be prepared for anything or else the outmodes will defeat us. While I think that is highly unlikely, Mother says so. She says to not doubt their ability to back down. The fate of this company is in our hands and it all depends on what goes down today or in recent days. Whatever happens, Robot City will remember Ratchet's name.

-Ratchet."

A strange note indeed! From looking at the date, it looked to be written a few months ago. In fact, it was the date Rodney, the Rusties, Cappy and Bigweld took back Bigweld Industries.

Interesting... Did he have more notes like these? Maybe Rodney could find his motive, and maybe use it against him somehow to make him go away forever. Rodney continued to look through the makeshift journal, reading Ratchet's past thoughts over and over:

"...The Bigweld Ball is tonight..."

"...Cappy has been acting strange lately. "

"The Chop Shop is working, just like Mother said it would..."

"...Rodney Copperbottom..."

"...If Mother says so, then it must be right..."

Throughout the entries, Rodney noticed that Ratchet sure did mention his "Mother" a lot. In many ways, actually, it seemed like she was the mastermind behind all of this, while Ratchet was kind of just...there. Like some kind of accessory. In fact, there was a particular entry, an old one at that, that said, "It was always my dream to bring my visions to life. I've felt like Ive never had the chance to show my creativity to the world. Luckily, my Mother has a plan. And if it goes right, I will be able to rightfully take my place in this company and in Robot City. According to her, all it took was a few sacrifices. While I am hesitant of this, she assured me that everything will be okay, and that we will both get what we want."

Rodney knew that Madame Gasket was cruel, and secretive, and very dangerous. But he wasn't aware of how violent her tendencies were, and how much she wanted to hurt people. From how he saw it, it seemed like Gasket was using Ratchet as a way to hurt people, with the excuse of "helping" Ratchet build his own vision of the company and Robot City, all while encouraging him to hate and "dispose outmodes". He was manipulated into thinking that what he was doing was okay, even though it truly wasn't.

"Or maybe I'm just thinking too hard about this," Rodney mumbled to himself. No, he didn't feel bad for Ratchet, let alone not call him a bad person for what he did to all those people. But perhaps his relationship with his mother was more impactful on his reasoning than he initially thought.

Sighing, Rodney put Ratchet's files back in his desk. He then got out of his chair and walked out of his office. He had to talk to someone about this.