Chapter 2 - Acting

Hours before the concert, Ai had been browsing the internet as usual. Most idols if not all ego surf to boost their confidence all the time, so this wasn't unusual. But Ai wasn't looking to expand her ego alone.

She checked her social media to see what fans said about her Idol persona. Sometimes she would come across fans criticizing her smile and saying it was "too calculated", or "this is the smile of a pro". 

Despite all that, she kept finding ways to make herself better. Whether it was for herself or for her kids, Ai Hoshino is truly a genius when it comes to making herself shine. That's precisely why she was so surprised when her soon-to-be 3-year-old child perfectly resembled her smile.

A smile that was crafted through the biggest criticisms and demands of zealous fans, perfectly mimicked by a 2-year-old child. Ai immediately felt that she needed to do something more.

And now, during her concert, seeing her kids dancing with so much joy as she performs gave her the same feeling Rimuru gave her. Happiness.

My kids are sooo cuteee~!

For a moment, unbeknownst to herself, Ai had transformed her smile into the one that would eventually carry her towards greater achievements. Only when she was with her children, she rose and shine the brightest to what she could possibly be.

***

Time had passed, and now we've grown enough to the point where no one would find it suspicious if we walked around or talked. Although, let me point out a few things that stood out to me. 

To start with;

"I am gorgeous! Look at the genes at work!"

I've always wondered what it was like to be someone handsome or beautiful. It's a shame I didn't get the first option, but I can't complain. I'm still a kid but you could see when I grow up I'd have the looks any man or woman would envy and adore.

"Quite the narcissist you've become, Rimuru."

Bwahh! God damn it! At least make a sound when you're walking towards me!

"I'm not even looking at a mirror, what made you say that?"

"Your expression says it all."

Excuse me?

There's no way I was making such an expression. He's got it all wrong. If I were to make those types of faces he says I'm making, it'd be when I'm looking at a mirror.

"You've got it all wrong dear Aqua, " I say as I waved my Index finger. "To be born as a girl with the genes as an Idol, you've gotta at least be proud of it. Wouldn't you say?"

Aqua was a man like me before we both ended up as Ai's children, so he would definitely agree with me.

Aqua's eyes narrowed as he looks right at mine. "To be honest, I'm envious, but not because of you being a girl." Aqua sat beside me and pat me on the back once again, "On that note, I'm rooting for you to become a proper girl. Girls these days are quite complicated, think you can blend in?"

Blend in? As in not stand out?

"Of course I can, what do you take me for?"

I expected Aqua to follow up with a jab, but he seemed to agree with my response.

"Well, I don't doubt that you can. Seeing you mimic Ai's smile to a T right in front of my eyes would make me convinced."

This again? Sure, I did try my best to cheer up Ai at the time, but it seemed like to these two it was more than that. Ruby has been extremely clingy and would sometimes treat me like I was a superstar because of that moment. Aqua was no different, except that he wasn't clingy.