Chapter 10 - My Star II

The three siblings, Aqua, Rimuru, and Ruby have always been similar to each other in many ways, excluding the fact that they were all reborn as the children of Ai. All three were fascinated by Ai's brilliance, to the point where they were willing to do anything. But only god knows how the three felt when an unknown party sabotaged Ai's career.

After reviewing the film Aqua was going to act in along with Ruby, Rimuru approached Aqua. Rimuru sat across Aqua so they could go eye to eye.

Rimuru spoke first.

"Aqua, it's about time you spoke to me about your reasons and goals."

Aqua looked at Rimuru and frowned, "I'll tell you everything I know, but in exchange, you have to tell me yours too."

Rimuru thought about it, and a few seconds later she replied, "I'm okay with that."

Aqua nodded. He pulled out three different phones and started explaining away, "I have Mom's old phones. She doesn't use them now but I requested to have them secretly before she threw these away. The other two aren't important, it's this one that holds key information."

Aqua picked up a flip phone that wasn't seen in the market anymore in today's age. "From this phone alone, I realized that Mom had put extra effort and care to make sure her secret wasn't found out." 

Aqua's face turned sour before continuing, "...As you know, we were found out anyway. I know you, Ruby, and I still feel it to this day."

Even though Aqua's wordplay was vague, Rimuru knew what he meant by "still feel it to this day". That feeling was the burning Rage to get revenge on the person who had sabotaged Ai's career.

"I didn't take the risk of asking Mom for the password to this particular phone. However, when she saw me messing around with it, she gave the password to me anyway." Aqua thought that this was quite lucky for him, but he also thought that Ai would've deleted the contacts if she had freely given him access to the phone anyway.

"But it turns out everything was still intact," Aqua exclaimed. He looked at Rimuru and asked her straight, "I know you think our Dad was the one that told the press about Ai's secret, so I won't beat around the bush. I've listed every male contact and memorized them.

Aqua looked at the show Ruby was watching, "Masaya was one of them."

Rimuru's face turned into one of surprise, "No way. Are you sure? Is that why you agreed?"

Seeing Rimuru's reaction, Aqua was now beginning to get nervous. "I've known you for a long time, Rimuru. You can't fool me with that."

Rimuru's reply was, "Oh my~ Whatever could you be talking about?"

Aqua gave up, "Enough. I've told you my side of the story, tell me yours." Aqua didn't like to beat around the bush, especially with people like Rimuru. His guts are telling him that Rimuru was planning something far larger than what he was expecting.

And so his intuition proved him right.

Rimuru began explaining her plan, Aqua immediately began to feel cold sweat. Every word, every movement of her lips sent Aqua ice-cold shivers. He didn't even notice that Ruby had lowered the TV's volume and was listening in on their conversation.

Her star pupils began to turn crimson red. Her expression, her facial gestures, and even her hand movements made Aqua want to yell out loud. Rimuru's final words put the nail in the coffin.

......

"You're insane!" Aqua couldn't help but shout. 

Rimuru smiled, "You hypocrite."