Chapter 8 - The Spotlight II

Note: I think [Improv] was a comedy thing, but I'm not gonna use it for that purpose in this chapter. So if you expected a laugh please don't. I don't know to deliberately write funny sentences nor can I make funny jokes.

***

Frill once knew of a girl who single-handedly took the whole attention of the world in 1 single film. That girl was Rimuru, the one who displayed a shockingly overwhelming performance through her role as "The Deity". 

Her performance was incredibly realistic. There were even rumors that her scene barely had any editing done on it at all. But of course, there's no way such a scene like that was merely from a child's acting of all people.

"We'll see. I might as well watch this show." 

The show Rimuru was appearing on was probably something related to comedy. The crowd was laughing, so that's what Frill naturally assumed.

And yet...

"The scene is, "Romantic Encounter". Please, do your best guest-actors!"

The show was all about them doing improvised acting based on the vague description of a scene. Romantic Encounter wasn't a difficult one to do, but it seems interesting to see other actors of her caliber act like this.

In the first place, why is she in a place like this? —curiously thought Frill.

The lights dimmed, "Oh, it's staring."

The scene started with the other ex-child actor meeting Rimuru by chance. They went for a classic scene where the guy bumps into the girl. Rimuru falls from bumping into the guy. "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you hurt anywhere?"

The guy reaches out his arms toward the fallen Rimuru.

Rimuru's appearance would bewitch a man in an instant, so this guy was doing well holding his composure. As expected of a former child actor. But why can't I remember this guy at all? It's like he's there just to fill out an empty role.

Frill shook off her needless thoughts and concentrated on the show.

"I-I'm fine, thank you." Rimuru's upturned, shy but sweet smile instantly bewitched the crowd. Some cameras focused on the actor's expressions, so the crowd got a good look. The crowd was silent, waiting for another development to happen.

"...May I know your name, my lady?"

The male actor went all in. 

Rimuru seemed surprised, but Frill couldn't tell if it was genuine or an act. 

"Eh?" Rimuru giggled, "There's no need to be so formal, aren't we classmates?"

The combination of that shocked look with that oh-so-beautiful transition of her expression was impressive. Has she been training all this time?

"I want to hear your name coming out from your mouth, my lady." The male actor was persistent.

Rimuru's eyes glowed golden, "If you insist, good sir." Rimuru held her skirt and bowed like how a noble lady from the medieval period would. "My name is Rimuru, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Her radiant smile and aura captured the heart of the male actor. I think that guy's starting to fall for her.

And so Frill's intuition was immediately proven. "I like you, will you go out with me?" 

Did this man seriously confess? Right off the start of the show?

The crowd might think it's part of the act, so if he gets rejected that will save him from embarrassment. Never mind, he's thought this through well.