Chapter 7 -The Spotlight

Rimuru's talent showed brightly once more. Many people in that room remained unable to draw their attention away, even after her performance. Miyako, Ruby, Aqua, and even Ai herself were immensely drawn in by Rimuru's exceedingly supreme aura.

"Kid! You gotta listen to me, go find an acting gig, even if it's a minor role!"

The Director screamed aloud, but Aqua had a hand on his mouth resulting in the Director's voice being muffled.

"Director, I suggest you don't make such ridiculous statements."

He was used to Aqua's behavior by now when it came to his sisters, but seeing it firsthand in a while made him feel somewhat disgusted. "You know Aqua, just because people are talking to your sisters doesn't mean they'll take them away."

In response to the Director's teasing, Aqua merely replied, "When the people staring at them are 30-year-old men, it can get me wondering you know?" 

"You..." The Director was speechless.

"Okay, everyone! That's it for today. Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!" 

Even the way she speaks after her performance is very reminiscent of Ai— or so Aqua had thought. 

After that, everybody went on their days.

Ruby on the other hand...

***

Aqua, Ruby, and I went to the same middle school. So of course, we would also be graduating at the same time and place. There's just one thing that's bothering me.

"Sis! Just enter the Performing Arts department with me!" Ruby begged me once again to enroll in the performing arts department with her so I could become an idol with her (or at least I think that's her reason). It's not obvious, but it's the most likely goal she has.

"Listen... While I'm not stopping you from going into that department, I'm also not going to enter that myself without good reason."

I looked away trying not to meet her eyes. Let's pray she forgets the fact that I work as a Model.

"No! You already work as a Model, that's a good enough reason!"

Okay, my plan failed immediately. She's unusually sharp and detailed whenever she's arguing with me. How badly does she want us to be classmates? Nonetheless, Ruby was hugging me tightly making me unable to move from where I am.

"...Alright fine. I'll enroll in that department with you."

"Really?! Yay!" Ruby immediately let go of me and started jumping for joy.

Our classmates crowded Ruby and were congratulating her for successfully persuading me. "This isn't that big of a deal, why are they so happy...?"

A boy who sat next to me replied to my mumbling, "It's probably because they all think your talents would be wasted on the general academics department." 

I looked at him and tilted my head, "Really?"

He suddenly turned red and looked away. "Y-Yes, of course. The boys think so too, right guys?!"

He turned around to the rest of the boys who were watching us from afar. The sudden declaration of his statement made all the boys jolt in surprise. 

"Y-Yeah! Rimuru's beauty and talents are wasted!"

"I totally agree with you there, brother!"

"You guys are the best! Rimuru for life!" 

Uhh, so I'm just gonna ignore what's happening over there, okay?