Chapter 5 - Inherited Will

After the filming had ended, the expected film sales were predicted to have considerably risen. This was all thanks to two key actors. Both Ai and Rimuru performed spectacularly, although Ai had more screentime, Rimuru's extreme performance was just as big a factor.

The Director, Taishi Gotanda, won the award as Director of the Year after the release of the film. He said, "A single child inspired me to create a masterpiece. I merely took some underrated staff and cast members to capitalize on this child's excellence."

It was reported that he had said something else in a private interview, but the details were unconfirmed.

Because of the success of the film, Ai had finally gotten ahold of a higher and solid position within the entertainment industry. She was now recognized as a star not only for her days as an idol but because of her ability to put on a show as a whole.

And as for Rimuru, many agencies had been trying to contact Strawberry Productions to find a chance to sign her for themselves. 

"I refuse to let my kids go. Besides, she already has an agency she's contracted to." Miyako was nervously answering a mass of reporters and Scouters after being forced to attend a press conference regarding Rimuru.

The impact of Rimuru's Supreme acting on camera had reached throughout Japan. The film itself has gone on to become one of the best-selling films of all time under a budget of 3 million yen. 

"Excuse me, but how are you going to proceed with her career after finding out her potential in the industry?"

Questions like these are what make press conferences exciting to the ones who watch them. Miyako looked hesitant to answer. The aftermath of this film caused a much larger exposure of Strawberry Productions to the entire industry.

But of course, Miyako was only here because she was playing the role of Rimuru's mother. Ichigo was playing the role of the father while being the president of the Agency at the same time. Questions like these are his forte.

"I think I will let my child decide for herself. You might say that it's harsh to make a kid decide something so big, but I think it's worse to make the decisions for them. It's their future." Ichigo handled the question with a clear but somewhat unfinished answer. The reporter was seemingly satisfied, though.

That said, the questions have yet to stop.

"Excuse me," a reporter raised his hands. "My question is how on earth does your child have such an extreme talent for acting?"

Ichigo grinned. "That's because my child has someone she looks up to. An idol from our agency and our current star. Only the brightest stars can inspire another."

And so was the flow of the press conference. Strawberry Productions had a lot of work to be done!

***

The Flow of time has been a great mystery for as long as human civilization has existed. No one has ever discovered a way to manipulate it. But that is not to say that nobody has ever tried. Geniuses born all over the world from century to century have tried to mess with time to no avail.

Some have very distinct goals, while others do it purely to prove it can be tampered with. No one has ever succeeded. Or at least that's what the world had thought.

"WAKE UP!"

Ruby screamed as I screamed right back at her.

"I'M UP, I'M UP! GEEZ! Don't wake me up like that!"

Ugh, Ruby wakes me up so violently I wish I'd die. Thanks to her, I have a severe headache. Ruby has been too attached to me these days. Ever since the film was released, Ruby held onto me like a parasite.