Chapter [8]

Because this book is now published, content stops after chapter twenty. Please proceed with this information in mind.  

E i g h t

            I was completely disturbed.

            "God! Oh, God! Put it away, just put it all away!" I shrieked, stretching as far away as possible and closing my eyes.

            Ryder reached out and smacked my forehead with his palm. "Dork, I haven't even undressed yet."

            I opened one eye and looked at him. "I know. I'm just preparing myself for your ugliness."

            It had been two days in the same clothes without having a shower. I was pretty sure deodorant was no longer able to conceal our smell. So Ryder and I decided to finally take showers. We pretty much had to cut out of our sweaty uniforms to peel out of them. Mum would have killed me if she saw my shredded uniform lying peacefully on the floor.

            Ryder just gave me a filthy look and grabbed the hem of his shirt, slipping it over his head. Since we had already cut a slit through the left side of his uniform, he was able to pull it off easily. As he effortlessly raised the material, my fingers moved with his, delicately brushing against his warm skin.

            His warm, toned skin. My eyes skimmed up his chest as he took his shirt off and lingered to the rippling muscles on his stomach. Slowly, I scanned up to his chest, then followed the distinct curve of the hollow of his neck towards his golden arms.

             Ryder was buff. Last time I had seen him shirtless was when we started high school. And trust me, his muscles were, like, non-existent.

            "Like what you're seeing?" He smirked, placing his hands behind his head, flexing just the tiniest bit to define the shape of his muscles.

            Then, before I could shoot another ugly comment, he made his boobs move. Like, his chest muscles just started... jiggling. That would have been the perfect moment for any normal girl to get all shy and start to giggle, but naturally, I got the complete opposite of that reaction.

            "Holy crap," I said, pointing at him with eyes wide. "You can make your boobs move!"

            Ryder instantly stopped, dropping his arms back to his sides and glared at me. "They're not boobs."

            Before I could say any more, he advanced onto his pants and that's when things got really awkward. I don't know why, but I just kept staring. Ryder must have realised because after he unbuckled his belt, he just stared at me, waiting for me to turn around. Realising I was being a creepy pervert, I narrowed my eyes.

            "Ugly..." It sounded weaker than I had intended.

            Ryder laughed softly. "Just turn around, Nora. I know you've never seen a guy naked before."

            "I have so!" I snapped, flicking a stray piece of hair that fell across my eyes. It was a complete lie, of course. The only hot dog I had seen was the kind that went with mustard.

            Ryder just raised an eyebrow. "Cartoon diagrams in science textbooks don't count."

            Giving him one last filthy look, I spun around on my heel and faced the wall, closing my eyes. The sound of his zipper being pulled down echoed through the silence of the bathroom and the ruffling of his trousers being removed seemed to be the loudest thing I had ever heard.