Chapter 4

Ravi looked down at the girl pressed against his chest, sleeping. Not just any girl, the love of his life, his partner in crime. He made it his job to protect Pip. After all, she was his little one. Whether it be packing extra snacks or making sure she was taking breaks. Ravi made sure Pip was doing ok. And although Ravi did everything in his power to make sure Pip was well, guilt built inside of him knowing he wasn't able to solve it all. 

Ravi knew that Pip thought she didn't deserve him but he knew that she would be the only girl he would ever love and would work towards showing Pip her worth. She had changed his life the moment she knocked on the door of the Singh's house and wished he could do the same. 

She looked almost identical to the girl he met two years ago, except she wasn't. Trauma had changed her. Ravi knew that Pip hadn't been sleeping well ever since Stanley Forbes was shot. The pills she took to help her sleep still haunted him with worry. 

Dark circles implied she still hadn't slept well in years. But Pip probably saw that in Ravi too. The past two years of his life have been the hardest ever. He retreated back to his old ways. Isolated from the world. The first year of Pip's absence Ravi cried almost every day. Most of his nights were spent sleepless, lying in bed, tears streaming out of his eyes as he went through old text messages and pictures. And even after he spent his time alone in isolation. He never once tried reaching out to Pip's parents, Cara, Connor or any of their other friends.

 Feeling himself relax, Ravi rested his head on top of Pip's, whispering,"I love you so much Pippa Fitz-Amobi", into her hair. They had made it to the end. And now he was here, beside Pip. Happier than he has been in the past year.