Home of the Strongest Swordsman!; Kuraigana Island!

"𝔻𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪! 𝔻𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪! 𝔸 𝕟𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦!"

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

~ G L O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O M ~

Perched on a fallen tree branch sticking out of the nearly black water of the swamp, 'Hachimitsu' shakes in his metaphorical boots. Kuraigana, the island that his next customer had taken up residence on, gave him the chills. The freakishly tall trees, the ridiculously thick fog, the many ominous glowing eyes watching him from the darkness. All in all, this island is flippin' scary, definitely not the place for an innocent delivery bird just trying to do his job.

'I'm totally gonna die here..... =͟͟͞͞(Ŏ◊Ŏ ‧̣̥̇)' The little yellow bird thought as he timidly spread his trembling wings and took to the air in shaky flight.

He flew quickly and quietly through the trees, dodging jagged branches and squeezing through crevices. His speed was definitely needed considering he didn't know what kind of creatures claimed home to this island. Changing his form was also an option he had, but he couldn't afford to use it right now. The burst of energy it would create would alert nearby animals that he was here, and nearby people that he was in fact not actually a bird.

WOOSH!

'Hachimitsu' just barely dodges an overhead branch as he breaks from his thoughts. The trees seem to blend together as he flies further towards the center of the island. Then suddenly-

THWAP!

-he was swatted out of the air by a lanky arm. His small body slammed into a tree trunk and crashed to the ground, letting out a squawk of pain at the impact.

Trembling, 'Hachimitsu' wearily looks up at his attacker. The creature resembled a large monkey, it wore armor and wielded a short sword; several more of them creep from the underbrush. His attacker loomed over him with a hungry look in its eyes, its empty hand poised to snatch him up.

The little bird, in tears, closes his eyes and accepts his grim fate. He whimpers, replaying his life again and again in his head as he waits for it to end, feeling the heat from the creature's hand getting closer. He flinches violently as fingers close firmly around his small body, painfully pressing his damaged wings against his sides.

Then the creature began to walk, its hand swaying back and forth with the movement of its steps. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth. Dizziness quickly overtook 'Hachimitsu', forcing him to wrap his wings around himself in an attempt to settle his nauseousness. While he was preoccupied with his pain and discomfort, he didn't notice the creatures get into an altercation with a certain someone.

Then suddenly once again-

FWOOSH!

-he was launched through the air once again, rocketing forward at an alarming speed. Unable to spread his damaged wings and take control, unable to slow his inevitable descent.

'I'm going to die... aren't I..?' the thought echoed in his head again and again, bouncing around his skull at unfathomable speeds.

And he falls...

.

.

.

...softly into large rough hands. 'Hachimitsu' looks up in confusion, his meeting piercing yellow ones.

'Ah... It's mister Hawk-eyes...' he thinks before shakily reaching into the pouch on his back and pulling out a letter and a rolled newspaper.

"D-delivery... delivery.... a newspaper... f-for you... And... a letter.... t-too... Your c-currier for today... is 'Hachi... Hachimitsu' Ten beli.... please." He weakly states, voice trembling with the copious amount of adrenaline pumping through him.

The man's yellow eyes soften at the little bird's state, feeling guilty for not noticing the poor injured creature earlier.

"Rest little bird. You've done enough, I'll take care of you, so rest." He softly murmurs to the creature in his hands as he turns and makes his way back to his home.