A Letter in a Bottle⁴

Each "Letter in a Bottle" chapter will be both an update from myself and a little mini treat, like a Juju Stroll or a Taisho Secret. Updates will be deleted after they are no longer needed.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

.

.

.

"—and I still feel a bit self-conscious about pooping during flight– or anywhere outside for that matter. I'm telling you Margo, my devil fruit abilities aren't really all that great." The h/c-ette huffs; explaining the cons of the devil fruit he had eaten to his bored-looking secretary.

"Is that so..." The raspberry-haired man drawls out as he keeps his eyes on the paperwork he's filling out on his desk; paying no real mind to his boss's ramblings.

Margo had only been employed at Stamp Island Delivery Inc. for 6 months, but he was used to the environment by now. He was a serious man with a very bored disposition; often embarrassing his employer unintentionally by simply staring at him. However, the secretary was very good at his job, so M/n really had no reason to complain, even if his attempts at drumming up conversation were ignored.

"S‐so, I was thinking...—" the h/c-ette muttered rubbing the back of his neck nervously as he tried to think of a way to bond with his closed-off secretary. "—maybe we could get some lunch together? Just to uh, y'know talk and stuff. You've been working really hard and I think you deserve a break; it'll be my treat."

The seated yellow-eyed man raises a thin brow as he lifts his bored half-lidded gaze from the desk to M/n's eyes. His half-frame glasses slide down his nose as he only stares in silence for a moment before quietly responding.

"Aren't romantic relationships and activities discouraged from taking place in a work environment, Sir? And weren't you raving about the 'dashingly handsome mafia boss' just a few weeks ago? Your heart moves on quite quickly, no?" He hums quietly resting his chin on his palm as he playfully (unknown to M/n) narrows his eyes.

The tall h/c-ette feels his cheeks warm in embarrassment, "Wha– I wouldn't call it raving—" he sputters out, trying to collect himself as flashes of a certain hook-bearing warlord flicker through his mind.

"Oh? But he's still 'dashingly handsome'?" The raspberry-haired teases, face still as blank as before.

M/n turns himself away, cupping the lower half of his face as he looks away from the knowing gaze of his secretary. "I mean 'roguishly handsome' is a much better description..." he mumbles quietly.

"But isn't that what you called that red-haired man? Oh, what was it– a 'roguishly handsome' fool." Margo closes his eyes and moves his now-finished document aside to start on the next one.

Face blazing at being exposed, the h/c-ette shot the seated man an embarrassed glare. "Stop judging me for my taste in men!" He groans in between his fingers.

"Judging? Me? With all due respect, sir; I don't get paid enough to judge you..." the seated man mutters as he once again tunes his boss out.

.

.

.

"Tch– you ass."

.

.

.

"I can still hear you, Sir."

.

.

.

"Ugh...."

.

.

.

END

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

「A/n」Introducing Margo the secretary! He's not a very important character, I just wanted to introduce some aspects of romance (Margo isn't a planned-to-be love interest unless you all really want him to be) and do a little world-building. ⋋(’◊’◍)⋌

[A picrew of Margo because I'm too lazy to draw him myself (I'll put in a drawing of my own at some point)]