A Letter in a Bottle³

Each "Letter in a Bottle" chapter will be both an update from myself and a little mini treat, like a Juju Stroll or a Taisho Secret. Updates will be deleted after they are no longer needed.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

"Alright Melon, it seems the construction is finally completed after 5 years." A certain tall h/c-ette man says earnestly.

He was seated at his desk with a letter in hand. An older seagull with greenish-grey markings was perched on the desks built in perch as she looked at him attentively. She blinks her thick dark green lashes at him and caws quietly.

"Curious I see. Well, I suppose I can say it since it's you, huh Melon?" The e/c-eyed man hums playfully, scratching the feathers under the bird's beak.

Opening the desk's top drawer, he pulls out and unfolds a large map before placing it on the table. He then pulls out a few more pieces of paper and sets them on top and around the edges of the map.

Standing, he clears his throat and dramatically slams his hands on the desk; "Ahem— I present to you, my dearest companion, the completed rest stops!—" the h/c-ette peers at his feathered friend before continuing. "—These structures resid all four blues in the thousands. They're there to allow each news coo some time to rest during and in between deliveries."

Melon squawks, very impressed at M/n's innovation. She brings her wing in front of her and rubs the top of her beak in thought before cooing at him in question.

The e/c man tilts his head for a second in thought before turning to her with a smile. "About five feet by five feet. They're built like the housing we have for the colony, but made from seastone prism so no devil fruit users can bother you guys. Each one has about six perches; three outside, three inside."

The green-tinted gull caws in delight; wings flapping lightly in happiness. She pauses again though, aiming another questioning coo in the h/c-ette's direction.

"They're fairly easy to recognize; I had them painted in the company's colors. The logo is also on the front, right above the entrance. Pretty neat, huh?" The man explains, taking a seat in his chair and propping his elbows on the desk.

Melon squawks in agreement, her little black eyes sparkling at her boss's genius. She spreads her semi-deformed wings and shakily takes to the air; quick to perch herself on M/n's shoulder as the man braces himself to catch her.

The h/c-ette chuckles, standing from his chair and making his way out of his office; flicking the light off before he closes the door.

"Hey Melon, how does flack seed bread sound for lunch?"

End
•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•