A Sea of Scorching Sands!; Alabasta Kingdom!

"𝔻𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪! 𝔻𝕖𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪! 𝔸 𝕟𝕖𝕨𝕤𝕡𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦!"

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

THUD THUD! THUD THUD! THUD THUD!

'Hachimitsu', in his STRUTHIONI form sprints across the sandy landscape of the Alabasta outskirts. The messenger bag in his beak bounced violently with each thunderous step. His long legs carry him at speeds so fast he can only be seen as a yellow blur.

The dry and windy environment of the desert plain made him squint his eyes in fear of any invading sand; his feet kicking it up as he moved forward. He had been caught in two, I repeat two, sandstorms already and he'd only been on the island for a good hour and a half. At the rate he was going, if he were an oyster, with all the sand in his mouth he'd make the biggest damn pearl the world had ever seen.

The now rather large yellow huffed, sending a cloud of steam from his beak in a physical display of his irritation. After running for almost two hours, you'd think he would be in a city by now, or at least see one. But alas, only an ocean of sand stretched out before him with no sign of ending any time soon. 'Hachimitsu' swallowed with difficulty, his mouth was bone dry, if he didn't get any water soon... he might die here.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

'Civilization at last!' 'Hachimitsu' thought in relief, tears pricking his large black eyes.

A large city stood before him, some buildings towering high into the air, while others sat only one to two stories tall. Though one building, in particular, caught the not-so-little yellow bird's attention, a large building called 'Rain Dinners'.

Hachimitsu recalled that this was the building that his customer resided in most frequently. He also recalled that said building was also a popular spot for locals and tourists alike, as it posed an opportunity for them to win it big. This posed quite the issue though; how in the world would he deliver his customer's items without causing a scene?

'Hachimitsu' looks on in thought with narrow eyes for a good five minutes before lifting his tucked wings in a shrug-like gesture. 'Guess I'll just change forms.' He concludes with a nod.

Taking a deep breath, he lowers himself to a kneeling position, closes his eyes, and takes a deep breath. And suddenly-

POOF!

-he's in his much smaller base form.

•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•𓅯•𓅪•𓄿•𓅨•𓅛•𓅍•

"Maybe I shouldn't have changed forms after all..." 'Hachimitsu pants as he flies up countless flights of stairs, exhaustion chipping away at his resolve. "Just a... just a little break won't hurt."

The little yellow bird perches himself on the intricate railing, releasing a sigh of relief. Swiping a wing over his little beak, he tries to wipe off the non-existent sweat and fix his frazzled appearance. It would be unprofessional to present himself to his customer in such a way.

In the distance the thump of footsteps carrying a person up the steps below him can be heard; a deep but feminine voice accompanying them.

"Yes, I'll be right there. I'm on my way up right now." The voice spoke as it neared him. Its smooth tone made the bird relax; this person had a very calming air about them.

Coming into view now, was a tall woman with long black hair and lightly tanned skin. She wore a peculiar get up; but what drew 'Hachimitsu's attention the most, was her large cowboy hat that covered her eyes. In her hands was a denden mushi; its deep frown seemed awfully reminiscent of his customer.