Chapter 2

-I like the way I can't keep my focus. I watched you talk; you didn't notice. I hear the words but all I can think is "we should be together." Every time you smile, I'll smile and every time you shine, I'll shine for you. I like the way your hair falls in your face, you got the keys to me I love each freckle on your face. I've never been so wrapped up honey I like the way you're everything I've ever wanted-

Tenten Pov:

Finally, after a long night, Monday morning came. I got dressed into my uniform, packed my school bag and left for school. It was a beautiful morning, sort of ironic that it was the worst day of the week.

When arrived at school I ran straight for my class and got there just in time before the bell rang. I plopped down into my seat and exhaled. I looked to my left to see my best friend, Neji. My breath caught as he was staring at me. Quickly, I looked away as to not make awkward eye contact. Our teacher soon walked in, and he looked back towards the front of the room. As the class went on, I hadn't learned anything as I found myself gazing at Neji's lavender eyes and his dark silky hair as he was studying.

After hours of learning nothing, lunch came, and we joined our friends in the cafeteria. Sitting down, I looked to see if all our friends had arrived. Everyone was sitting around chatting except for Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke.

"How have your classes been so far, you two?" Ino questioned.

"Terrible. I was too tired to learn anything." I said, which wasn't quite correct. The truth was I had been too distracted by Neji. It was very sudden, one minute I was looking at him as a best friend and the next my view of him had completely changed. He wasn't the annoying little brat that preached about destiny, or that cold emotionless boy who almost never talked, he was something else now. He seemed different but I knew that nothing about him had changed. The only thing that had changed was the way that I saw him. Perhaps it was a part of growing up, but I knew better than that. At least, I think.

"Dreadful." Was all Neji said. Ino seemed satisfied with our responses and turned around to greet Sakura and the two boys as they approached. Naruto said something to Neji, and he actually smiled. I had seen him smile before, but it felt amazing to see him. I couldn't help but smile at myself. I tried to listen to what Hinata was saying next to me, but I spaced out and didn't hear a word until she tapped me on the shoulder.

"So-sorry Tenten. But umm did you hear what I said?" Hinata asked timidly.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked her.

"I was talking about how the Hyuga's are going to be having a Halloween party, and all of you are invited to join us." she said, seeming less nervous as she was talking to me, probably because Naruto walked away toward the lunch line.

      "A Halloween party at your house?" I asked. She nodded excitedly.

"My father is inviting some important people to come socialize, and he says that if we don't bother them, we can all have fun at the other side of the estate."

"Fun!!" Ino shouted from the other side of the table where she was now seated.

"Can we bring costumes?" Sakura questioned as she sat down.

"Please nothing too explicit like last year." Neji groaned, rubbing his temple as if trying to forget what had happened.

"Oh, please it wasn't that ba-" "Yes it was Ino. Your costume made you look like a slut. If you can even call that a costume." I interrupted Ino as she tried to defend herself. She huffed and turned away, clearly offended. I rolled my eyes and looked to my side, where Neji was. He looked....... well, attractive to say the least. He seemed to be speaking. He leaned forward and his dark hair fell into his face. He swiftly pulled the strands of hair out of his face. The longer I look at him the deeper I find myself lost in his eyes.