Chapter 12: Reflection

Ryoko and Ace eventually finished their meals and drank a good amount of water before heading out of the house. "Great work you guys, We'll take this with us and go deal with those sand pirates for you," Ryoko says after pulling her mask over her face once again, walking alongside Ace over to where their gecko and the sled of food and water sat waiting.

The four cowardly men grinned sheepishly, the leader speaking up, "Thanks a lot for the help, you best get going." he says wanting to get the two out there quickly so that the duo could take care of the problems quietly and before anyone from the village noticed.

Ace walked over to the gecko, a big grin on his face, "we'll get right on it. See ya." he says as he walked the gecko to the side gate of the city alongside Ryoko, both of them were aware of the fact that the four had followed them to the gate to see them off from a distance.

Upon getting out of the town Ace hopped up on the shoulders of the lizard, before offering a hand to Ryoko who chuckled and took it. She was then easily hauled up to sit in front of the commander as they began to head out in the direction of where the supposed sand pirates were. "Hey, Ace... One last thing before we get back to finding the others... I suspect you already know my brother and I's secret, would you mind... not telling any of the others?"

Ace looked at the girl in front of him, "Isn't my place to tell them anything, don't worry about it." he dismisses before looking back out at the sand and seeing some figures walking. "Hey!" he exclaimed waving towards the figures, "HEY!"

Luffy came running over towards the gecko and the duo, a big grin on his face, "Haha, what's this thing?" he asked looking at the gecko while Ace hopped down.

"So you're the sand pirates those flakes were scared of," Ace says with a cheeky grin toward his younger brother.

"Huh? What're you talking about? We left the sand pirates a little while ago." Luffy says a bit confused.

"Yeah? Well, whatever, it's no biggy." Ace says dismissively while grinning up at Ryoko who watched from her spot on the gecko's shoulders, "We got great news." he adds pointing his thumb over his shoulder towards the sled of food and water, "You guys want food and water? Cause we brought you plenty of both!"

"Oh, that's much appreciated," Sanji says with a thankful look on his face, "This should be more than enough to last us a good while."

Ryoko rests her chin on the top of the gecko's head with a small grin on her face as she listened to the others from where she sat.

"Wow, Ace is one incredible man," Usopp says impressed, looking at all the supplies that were there.

Ryoko paused for a moment as she looked at Ace silently while he was busy with his little brother. Incredible didn't even begin how she would describe him.

"Sure is, kind and thoughtful to a fault." Nami says climbing off of Eyelash, "Unlike someone we know."

A pang ran through Ryoko's chest as she readjusts her mask to keep her expression hidden, a boiling sensation simmering in her stomach for a moment.

"That's true..." Usopp says while Vivi watched from the back of Eyelash.

"Thank you, I was so thirsty," Chopper says moving over towards the barrel of water.

"Then drink up," Ace says kindly to the little reindeer, a gentle smile on his face.

"Me too." Luffy whines

"Um, excuse me, Ace?" Vivi asked climbing down from the camel's back, "I assume you two used something other than money to get this." The princess says a little timidly, Ace looking over as the smile faded off his face, "Whatever you did, please don't tell me you stole those supplies."