Chapter 26: Red Sky

Ryoto leaped from his perch, eyes swiftly darting over the group and locking onto a man with a tattoo sitting on his neck. He threw both blades, chains crossed, into the grass on either side of the man and pulled. Using his momentum he landed two feet into the man's face, knocking him prone and unconscious. Still standing on the man's face, he reached backward, crossing his arms, and gripping opposite handles before pulling. Warm red liquid sprayed across his hands, flicking off the blades to either side as he brought both up in their correct hands with the chains no longer crossed. 

To the pirate, it almost seemed like everything was moving just a little slower as all the eyes turned from Chaka, and now rested on him. An itching sensation stung up his back and neck as he leaped up to his feet before kicking the severed head toward another guard who screamed in a mix of terror and surprise. The scream was short-lived as Ryoto bolted forward, after the head, and sunk both blades deep in the man's chest before drawing both blades outward with a sharp twist. The blood bubbled out of his chest on either side of the tattoo that sat in the center of his loosely covered torso.

The guards and mercenaries began to move, the ones in casual wear attempting to run as did some of the armored individuals and weapon wielders. Three spear wielders ran forward drawing back their spears and lunging forward to strike the pirate.

Ryoto glanced at each of the men for a moment as he released both weapons he held and fell to the ground in a middle split to avoid the strikes. Chains from his wrists unraveled with his movements and he caught them around his calves. Spinning around to bring his feet together, he kicked one man in the ankle and knocked him to the ground before lifting himself onto both hands and spinning around rapidly. Sickles sliced into the second man's throat, who hadn't had time to reactively bring his spear back up, and he toppled backward. The third man, however, was able to bring his spear up catching one of the sickles around his spear.

The masked man tsked in annoyance before bending his body, almost unnaturally, and planting his opposite foot on the ground, tugging the spear from the man's grasp. As his foot hit the ground with the spear clattering to the ground as well, he continued the movement allowing the once-planted foot, to kick up and over his head. The sickle on the chain caught into the man's thigh and ripped upwards into his shoulder, slicing through vital organs and bones on its deadly path.

The sickle was ripped free of the collapsing body as the chain drew taught. The death collector spun his legs free once again and released more of the chain as he caught the handles of his blades. His eyes tracked over two armored individuals, one having a bandana tied onto his belt and the other having a tattoo on his arm. The two sickles dropped from his hands once more as he began to spin before launching them out towards the men. The sickles quickly sliced into the exposed neck of each, their momentum tearing the heads from their shoulders.

Not even waiting for the heads to fall, Ryoto was moving with startling speed, grasping onto the handles of the falling blades. He then began chasing down a group of five leaping with both blades in hand as he flicked the chains forward. He landed his feet on the middle man's back causing him to topple to the ground while Ryoto drew the blades through his flesh, ribs, and spine with the force behind the strike. 

The silver raven skull mask now sprayed crimson with blood, looked to the four who were immediately attempting to get up onto their feet. He hooked both sickles around the ankles of the two closest and fell back, rolling backward on the grass to get back onto his feet once more. He then quickly launched off his left foot towards the right man hooking his sickles into the man's chest and abdomen before leaping off the man's leg which broke with a sharp snap. Blood and viscera sprayed across the grass as the collector pulled the blades out the back of the man and spun to catch the other man around his thigh and arm.