Chapter 32: A Sea of Stories Part 2

His hair was shoulder length, with black tight curls that bushed up around his neck, but the top of his head was covered with a brown cap of sorts to keep it somewhat in check. His skin was a bit of a darker complexion and he had the start of a beard on his chin, for the moment it looked like a patchy goatee with a bit of a neckbeard. He was heavier set, and his hairy chest was on display beneath his open white button-up. "What are you looking at?" He questioned, revealing four missing teeth in his grin.

Ryoko was very thankful for her mask, as her mouth was agape in shock and some fear, but she pushed it down quickly, "Just admiring your outfit, seems a little bit more worn, but not in tatters. I am quite impressed, given how often I have to restitch some of my crewmate's clothes." She says calmly, much the opposite of how she felt at the moment. 

Three plates were set down and she looked away from the man and down at the cherry pies that sat in front of her, Luffy, and the man next to her. Ryoko picked up a fork and began carefully eating some of the pie in front of her, shielding her face from the people around as she lifted her mask just enough to let food into her mouth, only to jump about three feet off her chair as both men beside her yelled at the barkeep. Luffy called the pie terrible and the man next to her said it was delicious. Ryoko looked at the pie conflicted and picked up her drink, "Is it good or bad?" She pondered bending the straw under her mask to drink from her cup, once again jumping as both yelled the opposite thing once again about the drink, Luffy loving it, and Blackbeard hating it.

~~~

Ryoko held tight to Ace's waist as they rode on the back of Sunny the lizard, "Hey Ace? I... was wondering if you could tell me more about the man that you are hunting down. I think you mentioned his name before, Blackbeard?" Feeling her friend tensing she hugged him just a bit tighter, "I just wanna know what he looks like so if I see him I can avoid having to interact with him. I know you have to do this mission alone, but two sets of eyes are better than one right?" she offers.

Ace sighed heavily as he reached up and pulled his hat down a bit more in front of his face, "He is a traitorous backstabber, I used to trust him, he was part of my division. His name is Marshall D. Teach. He's going by Blackbeard now though." He says still holding onto the lizard's frill with one hand, "Last I saw him he was tall, heavy set, curly black hair that he covers with a piece of cloth to keep it from becoming untamed. Darker complexion, stubbly black patchy beard, and missing four teeth. That's the best description I can give you right now, he doesn't have a bounty so I can't just give you a poster."  The Lizard slowed down as Ace looked over his shoulder toward Ryoko, a scowl on his face at the memory of the man, "If you see him... Don't engage with him. It's not safe for you to do so. Avoid interacting with him, but if you don't get a choice... Be careful. Try and find a way to get away. By any means. Please." 

Ryoko looked at him, hugging him, "I want to avoid him. I'll do as you say, you know more about him than I do." She says looking back down at the sand only to feel a hand on the top of her head.

"Good. I can't lose you or my brother to him you understand?" Ace says quietly and takes a deep breath as she nods against his shoulder, "Alright then."

~~~

Ryoko blinked seeing the man grabbing onto a bundle of probably pies by the sound of it, and she let out a breath that she hadn't known she was holding as he left the pub. She then returned to her pie before stopping mid-bite. "I'm looking for a pirate who wears a straw hat." A man says from the threshold, and she sighs setting her fork of pie back down. She just couldn't enjoy a moment of peace to eat huh?

"Could I get this to go?" She asked taking out her money pouch and setting down the required berri to pay for the meal and drinks she had got for the others. The barkeeper nodded took the pie and bundled it up before setting it down on the counter. Ryoko picked up the bundle and got up, turning to face the people who were beginning to enter the pub.