•Not who I want - Bruce Yamada •

*Readers pov*

Since the beginning of the school year I've had a big crush on Bruce. Something about him just made me smile. Maybe it was just that his smile was contagious.

It's almost impossible to see the two of us together. You have a girl who keeps to herself and then you have a popular kid. However, I still had a little bit of hope that Bruce might have liked me. I might've been delusional and my friends feeding into it didn't help.

I have Bruce for 9th period which is Algebra. He was one of the smartest kids in that class. Mainly because he tried to keep his grades up for baseball.

Bruce and his friend group's chatter was heard throughout the classroom while I shuffled my deck of cards, getting ready to play 'speed' with my friends.

Today the teacher thought we could have a little break so I was grateful that I brought my cards. It wasn't too long ago when Bruce was informed I had a crush on him from my blabbering friend. I was pretty sad that he didn't talk to me after that, I thought he might've been disgusted by me liking him. But at the same time I wasn't rejected.

Nor was I rejected when his friends called me his so called 'girlfriend. ' He doesn't say a word. He rather looks at me and gives me a sly look. He tends to give me Mixed feelings.

"Dude, I don't get it. Why don't you just date her. " Asher, one of Bruce's friends, voice is heard. This peaked my interest even though it had nothing to do with me.

I set up the game play while still listening to the conversation.

"Date who?! " The teacher asked. Ms. Moreno.she was always the teacher who knew everything. And I loved her for it.

At this point everyone was staring at Bruce and his friends.

"Ma'am can you believe it?! A super cute girl likes Bruce and he won't date her!! " A part of me prayed to God that they were talking about me, but another part of me was jealous that another girl might like Bruce.

"I don't like her Asher! And she's not pretty in my eyes! " Asher playfully pushed Bruce and gave a smile. "Who is this girl?!" The teacher asked wanting more information.

"Juliette." Asher shrugged at Ms. Moreno. My eyes widened. She was pretty and she was especially good at sports. My heart sank. There was no way I could compete with her.

I felt my eyes water a bit. I didn't know why I was acting this way. Did I like him that much? I snapped out of it and put on a strong face. I think Bruce noticed the shift in my mood because when I looked back at his direction his eyes softened.

"Asher I don't like her!! Besides... I like someone else... " My heart sank even more... I guess this was his way of rejecting me. He already knew I liked him."... And she's sitting right there. "

Bruce looked my way making my eyes widen. Everyone looked my way. My crush... Bruce Yamada just confessed to liking me... A smile formed on my lips. I felt the need to say something.

"I would say the same thing but... You already know that I like you. " Bruce gave me a smile. "Yes, yes I do know. " Bruce gave a chuckle and walked up to me, bending down to meet my eye level of the school desk.

"Will you go on a date with me, Y/n? "

I gave a smile and nodded.

Bruce leaned in and gave me a hug.

"YES!! YOUNG LOVE!!" Ms. Moreno screamed getting up from her chair.