Chapter 19 --Get the hell out of my Parlor--

The morning came all too soon, and yet not soon enough. You slept on your own ship last night for the first time in a few weeks. It was both easier and harder to sleep without Wreckers snoring, and the night terrors seemed unchanged. Thankfully because you were in your own ship you had more time to meditate and the force flowing through you calmed you.

Today was the day you were going back to the city of Ord Mantell, back to Cids parlor, and probably back to working the bar. You and Tech did not have coffee this morning because you were all busy cleaning up the rest of camp to make your presence disappear. Then you all packed up and flew back.

Again, a short flight, no negative interruptions and you didn't see any obvious changes to the city. But as you flew over and came down you sensed a shift had taken place. Ord Mantell wasn't a bright and cheery place, but it was darker now and more darkness was coming.

You landed in your previous spot, after flying behind the Marauder. Already a sense of nostalgia tingles your senses. It's hard to explain but you do like this place. Yeah, it's some 'off the wall' bar with criminals and bounties changing hands but it's also where you met the bad batch and were given a second chance. --Better than the brothel down the street-- you think to yourself. Seeing the exterior reminds you of some of the first times you saw Tech.

You could go out on a limb and say 'I've always liked Tech' but that would be false. Initially he was attractive and handsome but they all were in their own right, you had just wanted to know more about him. Now the more you knew, and the more time you had spent together, you could definitely confirm you were crushing hard. You happy-sigh to yourself as you walk up to the back door and meet the guys there. Just as you were all getting to the stairs the back door burst open and Cid appeared.

"About time you all got here. We need to talk, NOW" and she turned away.

Cid spoke to you just as expected, but her serious tone threw everyone off. You all followed Cid into the parlor and then into her office. With all of you in there it got a bit stuffy, but everyone was too focused on Cid to care.

"You remember why I had sent you guys off?" Cid began.

"To ensure our continued operations for you and.." Tech began.

"Yeah yeah, somethin like that. But the Empire was coming to town and all the crime bosses, even minor Innocent ones like me, needed to close their doors and audit their books." Cid crossed her arms, and her scaly brow scrunched together in frustration "Now the Empire has decided our location is a nice spot for a base. They've kicked out one of the larger powers, arrested some local leaders and are starting to ship in their newest trainees who I've heard are just as trigger happy as you lot. They've even got some 'Inquisitor' coming through''.

The group, especially you and Tech, perked up at the mention of an inquisitor. The information they had stolen from Mygeeto had laid out the inquisitors as dark side force users with special orders from the Empire. From what Tech had gleaned they were given every handout imaginable, and sent to locations regardless of tactical power. Their mission and purpose was kept tightly under wraps but as a user of the dark side it could only be sinister. Their presence brought fear and their actions brought death. Preferably avoidable in Techs opinion.

Upon hearing the mention of an inquisitor your mind conjured the image of the white faced man with the red markings and yellow eyes. --Him, it must be him-- you realize and feel a shiver of fear. The group is very tense now, and Hunter noticed your increased fear after hearing that word but everyone tensed up so he could be imagining things. His attention was quickly drawn back to the matter at hand.

After Cid had really gotten your attention with talk of the base and the inquisitor a defeated look came to her eyes. "This type of heat is too much for me, you guys will all have to go. Especially if you don't want to get sold out" she finished her sentence with a hiss as though it was a threat, but truly Cid felt vulnerable. The other bosses knew too much already, and the 'bad batch', Omega, you and her would all be in danger the moment someone snitched.