Chapter 25 --The big break | Hidden right under their noses--

Now that the group's plan to collect and sell Imperial information from the senate was in place you all moved into the Bermua hotel.

You checked in for the group since you were the fo-senator-escort and you had all made your way late that night into your rooms. There were two rooms, joined by a door in the middle. One had a large bed, a table with a mirror, bathroom and a changing screen. The other had a smaller bathroom, two beds, a couch and a desk. Both rooms had large sliding glass doors at the back which connected to a shared balcony overlooking the city. The person Rex had called was Senator Bail Organa who had requested extra beds to be added and made note of other special requests such as meals and privacy from the usual room cleanings.

This hotel was a neutral location, not the fanciest but also a common location for Senator guests, escorts or arm candy. It would not cause any disturbance to have this group present, and Senator Chuchi could arrive and leave without any suspicion even if followed. You and Omega were in the first room 297, and planned on sharing the big bed. Meanwhile the guys settled into room 299 and drew straws for who was going to sleep on the pull out couch.

It was just a hotel, but already you felt the nostalgia of luxury returning to you. David's house had been much finer than this, but the grandeur was still present. You were already looking forward to a hot bath one of these evenings.

Rex stayed at his garage, and everyone settled down for the night. Your mind still dwelling on the painful feeling that Tech might not be interested in you at all. As you close your eyes and fall asleep in the pajamas Riyo had given you, you could just hear Omegas breathing near you and the evening ship traffic outside.

* * *

Darkness, shadows cast by the absence of moonlight, the silence of an abandoned building. Smooth, cold, stone. No breeze, perhaps no air at all.

You look around the room you find yourself in. The tall pillars of the inner jedi temple surround you, but it is far darker and quieter than you remember. The walls seem so much higher, and the silence much more threatening. You do not feel watched, but the peace and comfort this temple used to bring you was gone. There was no one, nothing, only the darkness and a deep sense of foreboding.

You begin to slowly walk down the hall, your feet barefoot and smacking loudly on the cold stone floor. You could not feel the coldness, you simply knew it was cold. You could hear the echoes of your footsteps in the large open area you were in. The temple's central walkway, a large area that connected to many rooms and inevitably out into the surrounding allies of Curoscant.You were not sure where you were headed so you just kept wandering forward.looking all around you for any clue why you were here.

Hours passed, the moon shifted position and the shadows grew longer. You wandered from hallway to hallway, gazing into rooms curiously. There were only the faintest sounds in the distance besides your footsteps and you began to feel afraid. Not the fear of danger, but a fear of loneliness. -Where is everyone-- you think to yourself, as you make your way faster down the hall. You reach a corner and have somehow looped around into the central room you started in.

"Hello?" you asked the darkness, hearing your voice echo into the silent air.

"Hello child" Came a loud rough sinister voice, strained by age.

A feeling of terror and the aura of death overwhelmed your senses and you woke up with a small gasp.

You look around the room, the faint light showing your eyes the hotel room. Your ears were hyper focused on any noises you heard. There were a few ships passing by, the faint sound of Omegas breathing. "I'm okay" you quietly whisper out loud "In this moment, I am okay".