17

Matthew was 2 months old

Erin's two friends from out of town joan and Shelly were visiting at her

Erin=I don't know, guys, I feel bad leaving Jay alone with the kids
Erin said, looking down at baby Matthew.

Joan=Come on, Erin. You deserve a night out. We'll have so much fun!

Erin thought about it for a moment, then shook her head.

Erin=I'm sorry, I just can't. Maybe next time.

Joan and Shelly exchanged disappointed glances, but they didn't push the issue. They knew Erin was a devoted mom and respected her decision.

Later that night, Erin was sitting on the couch with Jay

Jay=so how did your visit with joan and Shelly go

Erin=they wanted to go have a girls night tonight but I couldn't do that

Jay Erin, you deserve a night out," I'll stay home with the kids. It'll be good for all of us.

Erin was touched by Jay's offer and grateful for the chance to get out of the house. She hugged him tightly and thanked him for being such a great partner and dad.

Erin=you're the best I'm going to call joan and Shelly

That night, Erin and her friends had a blast. They went to a fancy restaurant, enjoyed some cocktails, and caught up on old times. Erin felt refreshed and grateful for the opportunity to get out of the house and have some fun.

Meanwhile, back at home, Jay was doing his best to keep things under control. He had his hands full with a fussy baby and a rambunctious 5-year-old, but he was determined to make it work.

After the bathed them both he put on a movie for Leah and rocked Matthew to sleep, then settled in for a long night of parenting.

Jay found that taking care of both kids alone was a lot harder than he thought it would be. He had to juggle feeding, changing, and entertaining both of them, all while trying to keep his cool. But despite the challenges, he managed to keep everything under control.

Erin arrived home from her girls' night out feeling relaxed and happy. She had a great time catching up with her friends, and she was looking forward to seeing her family.

When she walked into the house, she saw that the lights were dimmed and the kids were asleep. She smiled to herself, knowing that Jay had done a great job taking care of them.

Erin went into each of the kids room to check on them. Leah was sound asleep, her little chest rising and falling in a peaceful rhythm. Matthew was snuggled up in his crib, his tiny hands curled up by his face.

Erin felt a surge of love for her family. She was grateful for her husband and children, and she felt content and happy.

She walked into the bedroom to find Jay already in bed, reading a book. He looked up when she walked in, and a smile spread across his face.

Jay=Hey you how was your night?

Erin=It was great,I had so much fun catching up with Joan and Shelly. And it looks like you did a great job with the kids.

She said crawling into bed beside him.

Jay grinned.

Jay=did my best. They're both asleep now, so we can relax for a bit.

Erin snuggled up to Jay, feeling warm and content. She loved the feeling of being close to him, of feeling his body against hers.

They talked for a while, catching up on each other's day and sharing stories about the kids. Erin felt a sense of ease and comfort, knowing that she was with the person she loved most in the world.

Eventually, they both started to drift off to sleep. Erin felt Jay's arm wrap around her, holding her close. She felt safe and secure, knowing that he was there to protect her.

As she drifted off to sleep, Erin felt a sense of gratitude for her life. She was happy and content, surrounded by the people she loved most in the world.