Chapter 22

The viewing of the various apartments had been successful, and Rosalyn had added her name to the list of interested parties on the spot

The viewing of the various apartments had been successful, and Rosalyn had added her name to the list of interested parties on the spot. She would hear within the next few days whether she would receive one of the coveted apartments. Several tours had taken place in the last few weeks, so she couldn't assess whether she had a chance at housing. She glanced at the clock and realized that she had plenty of time before the train would leave back to London. So she decided to go for a walk in the immediate vicinity to explore the surroundings of the new place to stay.

When she passed a small coffee house, she didn't hesitate for long, went inside and sat down at a round table by the window. She enjoyed the cozy and relaxed ambience, her hot drink and the piece of cake tasted excellent. If Rosalyn lived in Andover in the future, she would definitely come here more often. After paying, she continued her tour. Slowly but surely, she would make her way toward the train station so she wouldn't be late getting to the platform. When her cell phone began to ring, she got a fright, as she had not expected any call. Quickly, she rummaged in her bag for the cell phone. When she saw who was calling, she quickly picked up. "Alan, what's going on? Aren't you supposed to be on a plane to Paris right now?" asked Rosalyn in surprise. Immediately she felt guilty for not being in London during her work hours and not letting him know.

There was silence on the line for a short time until Rickman finally began to speak, "Where are you?"

"Where am I?" asked Rosalyn in irritation as she continued walking toward the station. "I'm on my way right now, has something happened?" She couldn't reveal to him what she was really doing, nor was it the right time to tell Alan the truth. Besides, she didn't want him to draw the wrong conclusions, especially since she couldn't tell him about her job problem.

"I'm standing outside your apartment complex and I rang your doorbell, but you didn't respond," the actor told her.

Hot chills ran down her spine, how could he have acted so rashly? What if someone had recognized him there? Besides, what the hell was he doing at her house, shouldn't he be on a plane by now? "What, why? Why aren't you on vacation?" she asked again, since he hadn't given her an answer before. "First of all, what are you doing at my apartment?"

Again, there was silence on the line for a moment before Rickman answered. "I wanted to talk to you, like right now would be best. Can I pick you up somewhere so we can see each other right away?"

Still Rosalyn had not received an answer to her questions, the phone call was strange, but she could hear an urgency in Alan's voice. "No you can't, I'm out of London. It will take me about two hours to get back home," she indicated to the actor. She couldn't let him pick her up. She didn't want to justify to him what she did in Andover, he would surely have asked questions. "If you want to meet today, it wouldn't be until evening. You definitely owe me an explanation then!"

"Well, I'll explain everything as soon as I see you. Would you mind coming to my house?", Alan asked her. His voice sounded agitated, at least that's what it seemed to her. "Mary's not here, in case you were wondering," he added quickly.

"All right, I'll see you later," Rosalyn concluded the conversation.

It all seemed most peculiar to her and she was already curious as to what had happened and why he had not flown to France. Excitedly, she walked the last few yards to the train station to board the train for London shortly thereafter.

*

The closer Rosalyn got to Alan's villa, the faster her heart beat and her footsteps increased. She had hardly arrived in his small front garden when the actor already opened the door for her, as if he had only been waiting for her to arrive. Without greeting him, she immediately pestered him with questions. "Are you finally going to tell me what's going on? What's so urgent that you absolutely have to see me and even drove to my apartment?" Curious, she looked at Alan, but without warning, he wrapped her in his arms and hugged her tightly. Immediately Rosalyn's body tingled and she snuggled even closer to him, her questions had vanished into thin air. She enjoyed the closeness to him and smelled his distinctive scent.

"You have no idea all that's happened this week," Alan murmured into her hair, stroking her back. "I could hardly stand not to see you," he confessed.

Rosalyn broke free of his embrace so she could look at him. "Do you want to tell me what happened now?" she asked as she sank into his eyes, which studied her intently.

"I cancelled the trip because all we did was fight. I saw absolutely no point in going on vacation with Mary anymore. She left on her own, maybe she took her friend instead, I don't know. I don't care either, I don't love her anymore, my heart belongs to someone else. I decided to draw a line. The official talk with my soon-to-be ex-wife is still to come, but I think she's already noticed."

"So where do we go from here?" Rosalyn swallowed hard, as she was keeping a big secret from him at the moment. How would he take the news when he learned that she was about to move to Andover and that she wouldn't be his assistant much longer? Besides, she had the feeling that Alan was taking the separation from his wife a little too lightly, after all, just a few days ago he had talked about avoiding the hype in the media.

"I want to spend time with you this weekend, if you're okay with that. I could understand if you don't want anything to do with a married man," Alan told her.

Rosalyn stepped closer to him again. No one could stop her now from getting the man she loved. She wouldn't waste another second thinking about his soon-to-be ex-wife, Mary. She wrapped her arms around Alan and looked deep into his eyes. "I would love nothing more than to spend this weekend with you."

*

I would like to say a quick hello and let you know that the book will have a total of 30 chapters. The story will have a conclusion, but the ending is open, as I originally announced in the intro.

 The story will have a conclusion, but the ending is open, as I originally announced in the intro