Part 10. Now We Are...

난 니가 너무 좋은데 어떻게 그럴 수 있어?

I like you a lot, how can I do that then?

"Aeri-ya. Hi!" Young Ran named her the second she stepped her feet on their dorm. The cheer in her voice sounded stiff. "Oh? Eonni, you came early. Is So Bin eonni home?" Different from Young Ran's face, a wide smile spread on Aeri's lips.

"Eo, she's in the shower... Aeri-ya—" Young Ran's voice sounded hesitant and was cut off before a notification rang from Aeri's phone.

Two lines popped up on the bridge of Aeri's eyebrows, staring at her phone screen with her mouth slightly open and facing her phone screen in front of Young Ran's face. "Eonni."

Young Ran's face turned to confusion, pitching her eyes through the screen before copying Aeri's act, and a click of the bathroom door was heard. The door opened revealing So Bin with wet hair and a towel hanging on her shoulders.

They shifted her head toward her immediately, catching the confused So Bin, and sitting the girl at her makeup table. "What's going on? Did I do something wrong?"

"Hardly. The leading lady can do no wrong." Young Ran faked her act while Aeri quickly dropped her bag and pulled a hair dryer on her chest. "Would you prefer cold air? Just say so."

"What's this about?" So Bin knitted her eyebrows about to pull up from her seat before Young Ran stopped her by her shoulder. "You're the leading lady in the Opera-air Theater Battle." Her words confused So Bin even more as Aeri grinned her cheeky smile. "The Opera-air Theater Battle."

"Two guys fought over you at the theater. Yeo Jun and another loud guy He was so loud that everyone passing hear him." Aeri said with a grin, putting back the hair dryer and plopping her body on the chair next to her.

"Oh, no. I'm humiliated! Hong Chan-ki!" So Bin whined in frustration, hiding her scrunched-up face in her palms. "I know you and Yeo Jun are into each other but—Wow...I just—Wow." Aeri's eyes twinkled with a teasing smile.

"I should've known when he came running over here. I'm such an idiot." Young Ran said blankly and faking hit her head side with her fist rapidly, causing Aeri immediately stop her act. "Ah! Eonni, don't!—But, did I miss something? Yeo Jun-i, he even ran over here? When?" She whimpered with a frown at Young Ran as she nodded at the girl.

"You know- The night when you're not home. The one that accompanied your closest oppa at the hospital, you remember?-But what's important is no, I mean—That's not the case, so stop teasing me." So Bin bumbled her explanation and excuse as Aeri nodded lifting her face, showing her cheeky smile once more while Young Ran seemed to deep in her thought, gluing her eyes at the girl. "The closest oppa? Nam Soo Hyun?"

The three hid their body under their blanket after stopping from teasing So Bin, their eyes glued to the ceiling. "I misunderstood the situation and hurt him. What do I do?" So Bin said in a weak voice.

"Is a vitamin drink the only thing I can give him?" Now Young Ran turned to imitate So Bin's voice. "I have his heart but why can't we be?" Aeri also said in a weak voice, slicing a little wound in Young Ran's heart without her knowing.

"I announced that our friendship was over. How do I take it back?" They turn back to So Bin. "Is this my cue to give up on him?" Then back to Young Ran. "All I can do is wait until he really comes, right?" Aeri took a deep breath and exhaled her trembling breath before facing her back at them and drifting to dreamland.

"Why should it be you, Aeri-ya? What do I do now?" Young Ran thought, locking her gaze on the sleeping girl with complicated feelings.