Part 15. Love Beyond Words

날 꽉 잡아서 고마워, 애리야.

Thank you for holding me tight, Aeri-ya.

The sunlight was falling above them, brightening their pace, warming all over the empty classroom. The hold on each other hands never let go even in a second. Soo Hyun smiled at his girlfriend as he sat next to her.

"Oppa... Are you feeling better now?" She rather smiled than stared at him worried. But before he could open his voice, the ring of his phone stopped him. He froze looking at it. His pupils were shaking.

Aeri felt the hand she was holding tightened. She squeezed it softly without a word. Soo Hyun closed his eyes for a moment and sighed before bringing up his phone to his ear. "Nam Koo Hyun..." His voice sounded deep. "Where did you get the money for Mom's surgery? ..."

His tired face was darkened. "...rich friend, who?" Aeri could see his Adam's apple move up and down. "Did you...met Jun?" The tension between the phone call was tightened. "You didn't, right?" Soo Hyun once again closed his eyes she saw his pupils move rapidly inside his closed eyes as he sighed harshly.

He hung up the phone his thumbs scrolling the contact on his phone, but hesitant to press it while the other hand still holding her hands. Soo Hyun locked the phone, dropping it to the table.

His eyes met her soft eyes as she lifted the corner of her lips, he let go of their hands before his arms reached around her waist, sinking his head on her shoulder.

The silence slipped between them for quite a while before she cracked it. "Oppa..." She caressed his arm that lingered on her belly as he hummed in reply. "Things will change." She said carefully. Soo Hyun raised his head to watch her without taking off his arms.

"Even if it seems like it never will... even if you thought you were all alone, that was all in your head." She gave him a warm smile, hand reached his cheek.

"Open your heart, ask for help. Like you asked me back then, don't reject it, and stay strong." She said softly while caressing his cheek gently as his wet eyes stared at her shady eyes.

Her thumb moved up to stroke his temple. "If you go through all that hardship, you will eventually have more than enough time to return the favor." Her warm smile never left her face every time she was talking.

At that moment, his world was stopped, the most beautiful moment of his life. In sync with the orange sunlight breeze that came through the windows, he pulled her waist to him, closed their eyes slowly, and their lips met one another, moving softly in sync.

It was deeper than their first kiss, a little bit rushed but soft and sweet. The taste of longing. A ring bell could be heard in their ears as his tears flowed down his cheeks.

"Thank you, Aeri-ya. Thank you for coming into my life." After a while, he broke the kiss slowly, and placed his forehead on hers, so he could feel her warm breath as their nose touched. Her eyes still closed also enjoying the tickling feeling of his breath between their lips.