Part 17. Love in Moonlight

하지만 지금 이 순간만큼 아름답지는 않지

But not as beautiful as this moment

After dinner, On the way to her dorm, he suddenly stopped walking and stood in front of her. He led her to the bench in front of the school pond.

After some hesitation, he asked as she stared at him, lifting her eyebrows. "Aeri-ya... are you planning on staying in the dorms next semester?"

"No, just for this semester... why all of a sudden?" She said confused. "So, where are you going to stay?" His voice sounded trembling.

"My sister's house is far from school, so I'm thinking of living on my own. At least I'll try to get a small room..." She paused. Her eyes shift to the red tint spreading his ears. She bit back a grin. She didn't know where his question was going, but his cute little nervous tickled her fancy.

"I'm going to my mom's house for the summer. I miss my mom and worry about her... I actually... told her about you. That I got a girlfriend, so—" He went on a little rambler, but she cut him off. She released her grin, realizing the point he wanted to ask. "Na opparang gatchi gado doe? (Can I come with you?)"

He blushed at that, but his nervous face came back a second later. "What?... Well, of course, yes, but there's another question." He stuttered. She held his hand with her free hand as she gave him her warm smile. "What's it? It's okay, you can talk to me."

"You know, I'm gonna be living on my own, too, because I can't keep living in Yeo-Jun's house, and I can save up a little bit for rent until the end of the semester, so... uh... I mean..." He paused his rant. Bit his lower lips, he squeezed his eyes shut for a second, then slowly opened them.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "Would you like to move in with me?" She was too stunned to answer. She stared at him blankly, followed by a hiccup.

Her reaction caught him off guard. "I mean... sure, you can think about it slowly, there's still plenty of time until the end of the semester."

She rambled with blushing which made her face turn red. She looked at the tip of her shoes, avoiding his eyes. "No, I didn't hate it— I just—...huh?— what am I saying?— No, I mean... It's good, we can split the rent and I can see you every day. I like that. I like that, but I was just caught off guard. My hiccups..."

She sighed and raised her head slowly, glancing at his grinning face before dropping her head once again, praying that he couldn't hear her thumping heart. She whispered to herself under her breath. "Stupid, what are you trying to say?"

He also tried to normalize his heartbeat. He lifted her face by its chin with his forefingers. He pierced deeply into her eyes. "Can I take that as a yes?" His voice came out husky. The red tint on her cheeks was even brighter as she nodded slowly.

He smirked at her nervous answer. His hand found her head, ruffling her hair.