Part 13. The Falling Petals and... Last Line

왜냐면, 오빠...넌 내 행복이야.

'cause, Oppa...you're my happiness.

The spring breeze flew outside the café, sending shivers to everyone walking on the busy evening road. All the burden from the past few weeks on their shoulder was lifted, relaxing the girls to finally breathe in their youth. To live their lives.

"This, 3 million won, the money he lend from you. So uncle..." —Aeri took a deep breath— "Please take this, he's not gonna go on you again, I can promise you that. Uncle— I know you care about him a lot, but... please stop, you knew he won't give your money back, don't you?" Areum sat next to her, gripping Aeri's wrist to stop her when she heard her trembling voice.

"Uncle...this is the last time. We don't know how to look at you if he does that again. We're so sorry for everything he was done and thank you so much for taking care of us, being the real parents figure for us." —Areum paused— "I'll pay you back double later, I promise." The tight air filled the room and the man in his last 40s with a tall figure, dark brown eyebrows, and shady eyes looked at his niece with a heavy heart but relief.

"Areum-a, Aeri-ya. You don't have to pay me back everything. You're indeed my daughters, and I'll do everything for you...so do your father, my brother. I also apologize for everything my brother was done to you. No one has deserved it. You guys are not worth got everything he has done." He's a light of hope in their dark lives. Pulled them out from it. Taking care of them with all his heart. Taught them what real love is. The warmth of family.

"I take this. But, only if you guys promise me these things." His sight of eyes flashed a firm but soft look. "Come to me anytime you guys want to and don't ever you guys think that you are a burden to me or everyone else. You are more precious than anything. Got it?"

"Got it." They said at the same time. Tears fell like a silent river on their cheeks. Their encounter warmed the spring breeze outside the window, brightening the sky.

10 minutes passed since Aeri bid her sister and uncle goodbye. Her eyes squinted down. A small rectangular light flashed into her face, popping up 3 missed calls and 2 KakaoTalk messages. Young Ran Eonni.

—Aeri-ya, if you read this. You should go to So-bin and Jun.

—Apparently, there was a fight.

Her eyes were gonna pop out from the news, immediately ran her heels straight to the campus. She sware under her heavy breath. They bid goodbye just 2 hours ago and got themself into a fight.

"Darn, it! Oppa! Please pick up the phone!" Her finger pressed the 1 button on the quick call while the passing wind turn her cheeks to red, and the outcall rang repeatedly opposite her phone.

Her eyes wandered around the surrounding. The strap of her bag slid down her shoulder when she halt, eyes narrowing to the familiar broad back wearing a light grey shirt across her. 

"Oppa!"  She gasped, palms blocking the shout to come out of her mouth. Turned her heels to her boyfriend who was breathing heavily after flying his fist at Chun Kook sunbae, causing him to stumble backward.

Soo Hyun felt a soft grip in his hand dragging him away from them. He could feel her worry just by looking at her back. Let her to dragged him wherever she wants to, leading him to the bench when they first confessed their feelings.

Aeri pulled out her phone eagerly from her pocket, her fingers tapping busily to search her best friend's number, ignoring her boyfriend's stare as if digging a hole in her face. "Yeo Jun. Are you okay?" Her worried voice sounds after a voice was heard across the phone.