Seven

"Hey, kid?" Pinocchio blinked, at the sound of the near by voice. "Are you awake?" He heard again. Pinocchio rubbed his eyes, his vision coming back into full focus. He looked around; the forest was normal. The sky was blue with a few fluffy clouds. He looked up and saw a boy kneeling down next to him. "Who are you?" He asked, kind of still disoriented. "Oh, I'm Romeo. Romeo Lampwick." He introduced. "And you?" "I'm Pinocchio." "You definitely aren't around from these parts then."

"No, I'm not. I'm staying with my parents." "Your parents, they live in the woods?" "No, I came here myself." "Running away?" "No, I came here by mistake. A red orb." "The orbs? They're called the Luring, mythical beings who aren't here to do any good. You're lucky that I saved you from their demise." "Why are they dangerous?" "Because they make you see things that aren't there. You're lucky to survive them, I thought you were a goner for sure." He explained. "So, I'm guessing you're from around here then?" "Actually, I don't live here." Pinocchio tried to explain. "Oh, why is that?" "I'm staying with my parents' for the weekend." Lampwick looked puzzled. "Why don't you live with them?" "I... Things... Is a bit complicated to say the least? I could ask the same of you." Lampwick looked down, fidgeting with his overall strap, his fingers loosely sweating.

"I... I'm not from here either." Pinocchio was surprised. "Did you run away from home?" "No. Quiet opposite exactly, look can we not talk about this." Pinocchio nodded. "I, uh... Have to get going. If you want to come with me." "I would, but I'm better of alone. But thank you." Pinocchio sighed, noticing the change in his voice. He seemed to stammer, going a bit red in frustration. He knew the tension was going to build up if he didn't leave soon. He didn't understand why this boy stayed in the woods by himself, no one just happened to want to live in the woods.

Pinocchio wanted to go home. Of course, people would say that he was... But he missed Geppetto. He missed Jiminy, even though he felt like an outsider in his father's village. He didn't even feel like he belonged in his parents' home. They've built up so much wealth from over the years. His father would tell him that his mother wasn't in a state to raise a baby alone, Pinocchio's whole life had been a lie.

Geppetto wasn't even his real father, although Geppetto made it clear that he still would love Pinocchio like his own son. No, that's silly. His own son was Elio. Elio. Pinocchio didn't think he could ever replace him. He didn't know Elio, heck he didn't even know why he died or if Geppetto still grieved for him. The whale did teach him a lot of things though. Geppetto's near death experience made Pinocchio wonder, if... if maybe, he could even be a good son to anyone. He knew Jiminy cared for him, even if he was a bit hard. Jiminy wasn't Pinocchio's protector anymore, though he still looked out for him. Bella... Bella was now living with Sophia. It feels like everyone he has met he's losing. Maybe, he's losing a bit of himself too. Stromboli's been locked up for about a year now, no word in town about a man and his traveling circus, only to lure in children. He left his parents' house, later that night while they were still sleeping. He was going to help his father, get the money somehow. His parents were rich, he knew that. Being a good son, meant doing things he originally didn't want to do. But, if his parents loved him enough, they'd understand. He went into their money's worth savings and decided that he'd still every penny they had. After all, they robbed him his childhood. He found it harder to forgive them, fighting through the tears and the restraints his own mine gave him. He left like a thief in the night. Maybe, Geppetto would be proud of him. After all, he needed his help.