Eleven

"Really, you've got to tell me about your bug." Lampwick nudged, trying to lighten up the mood as they were now back in the shop. "Well, he's not a bug... technically. It's confusing, he talks." "He does?" "Yeah." "Is he going to be okay?" "I'm sure. Jiminy is a strong one." He met Sophia before, and now it looked like she was going to apart of their lives. Geppetto was going to marry her, sooner rather than laughter, and that soon was today. He didn't waste no time with arranging the preparations. Sophia wanted the wedding in Florence where her family was from, but they had it at a simple chapel. Underneath the blazing stars. 

       They said their vows, and was announced as husband in wife, the whole village came to see them, even Jiminy was well enough where he could sit and watch the two share kisses. They deserved each other. He knew that now. Geppetto started back doing carpentry. He knew he had to let Elio go. Elio would want that. He took the picture of him and kissed it one last time before throwing it in the fireplace. Figaro hissed at the sight and leaped on the table. The cat was old in age, and they might lose him soon too. 

     Lampwick sat by the fireplace, admiring the flames. "Not so close." Pinocchio scolded occasionally. Lampwick had developed feelings for Bella as he got to know her more. She was a girl who danced, despite her disadvantage. She was a girl who he wasn't ready to confess to yet. They were all still very young. They lived there during the winter months, Pinocchio still decided to see his parents every other week, only once though. 

     He had a family before. Geppetto felt like he gained a son, rather than losing one. Two sons to raise, and teach and allow to grow himself, along with his wife whom he loved dearly. It was around the winter season when it was announced. His newly wife he'd been married too for a year now was finally going to have a baby. Her first one in these lonely years she spent alone, according to Sophia. She was happy! Excited even to start motherhood, something she thought she'd never experience.

When she did have the baby, it turned to be a girl. For once Geppetto was thankful the baby wasn't a boy. "What are you going to name her?" Geppetto asked, smiling down at the tiny infant, she was so small. Pinocchio was eustatic at seeing the new baby in the home. She'd gave birth at home, with a sweet midwife who did her job and left as soon as the baby was born. Geppetto's first daughter. Well... His first youngest daughter. The sense of bliss he felt, when his wife did first announce. "Elisa." She said finally. "A beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl." Her eyes met Elisa's soft green ones. She had the brown hair of her father. And the eyes of her mother, and soft face like her mother.

Geppetto went on to rename their business. "Geppetto and Son." Pinocchio smiled proudly at the new sign, and it was a name everyone saw fit. He learned woodcarving from Geppetto almost every day after school, and Geppetto was willing to teach.