Chapter 15: Sofi (Part 3)

trigger warning: references to self-harm and suicide that may be offensive or upsetting to some readers

trigger warning: language that may be offensive or upsetting to some readers

trigger warning: mild sexual content that may be offensive or upsetting to some readers

Marjorie's POV

    "Will you tell me about what happened with Sofi now? Please?"

    She shook her head, hiding in his shoulder again. "Don't wanna," she muttered.

    "Please?" he requested, shifting to the more sexy tone she couldn't resist. Bucky rolled over to his back so Marjorie was laying on top of him, his fingers gently pressing into her waist. "Please, Doll?"

    Marjorie narrowed her eyes. "No, I'm not falling for that." She struggled to sit up, but his arms restrained her.

    "Please?" he purred, sliding his nose across her neck. His hands lowered to her hips.

    "No," she said as he gently pecked her neck, leaving a warm trail of kisses. "I refuse."

    Bucky growled into her neck, his teeth grazing her more sensitive skin. "What will make you change your mind?"

    She racked her brain, then grinned. "I'll only tell you if you tell me what you have been saying in Russian, what you previously refused to translate."

    Bucky scowled. "You're awfully annoying for such a small person," he complained.

    "I'm not short," she corrected, "you're tall."

    "Fine," he growled. "I've been saying–" he broke off into rapid Russian.

    "In English."

    Sighing, he unwillingly said, "Well, I call you 'Delicious' a lot."

    Marjorie's cheeks tinted pink. "Really?"

    Bucky frowned, embarrassed. "You are, so, yeah." He nibbled at her bottom lip to demonstrate.

    "What else?" She knew there was more; he often said full sentences.

    "You first," he argued.

    Well, she had promised. "Sofi found about these–" Marjorie held up her wrist "–the cuts, I mean."

    "Did she react badly?"

    The damage Sofi had inflicted to her mind had Marjorie wanting to deny the fact, but... "You first."

    Bucky glared. "Really?"

    "Yes," she sang.

    "...Mostly that you're beautiful." He was withholding, she could tell.

    Two could play at that game. "Then, yes, I suppose she did react badly."

    "What exactly do you mean by that?"

    Marjorie smiled mysteriously; it barely took a second for him to understand. "Come on, Doll," he complained, "it only makes sense in context. And how do you expect me to remember everything that I said?"

    "Do you expect me to remember exactly how she reacted?"

    Bucky scowled at her. "That's different."

    She patiently waited.

    "Is there anything else you would be willing to trade for?" he offered.