• 7: Oh, F*ck •

Gracie, Adam and Ryan thought that maybe they were starting to get back to normal, or as normal as they could be.

   They were mostly back to their normal routines and they thought everything could be mostly fine for the time being.

   But we all know that goes.

   Gracie woke up the next morning and immediately realized something was wrong. She went to the bathroom and suddenly realized that she was late. Like way late. Through the chaos of the past month she hadn't even noticed.

   Of course, like most people with periods, she went to the only conclusion that she was pregnant. She knew that was unlikely, and that it was probably just stress effecting her cycle, but she couldn't shake the feeling.

   She quickly went to the store and back to get a test, luckily not running into a brother on the way in or out. They were all in the office doing something, she really didn't know.

   She shakily opened the box and read the instructions.

   "Well, here goes nothing." She said to herself.

*five minutes later*

   "Oh my god." She gasped.

   She stared down in disbelief at the piece of plastic sitting on the counter in front of her.

   She was, in fact, pregnant.

   "Fuck." She said, her head hitting the wall. "Why now? Why?"

   Gracie stared at herself in the mirror and tried not to absolutely lose her shit. She had no idea what the proper course of action here would be, but she knew she had to do something.

   Gracie met Adam in the living room later than night. She figured of the three of them, he'd probably be the best one to tell this to.

   "Adam, I have a thing and I'm not quite sure how to handle it but I thought you'd be the best person to tell, out of the few options that I have." She said, starting to ramble on a little bit.

   "Oh. What's wrong?" He asked.

   "I'm pregnant."

   Adam's mouth fell open and his eyes went wide. He sat there for a moment, not even able to process what she said.

   "What?" He asked, blinking a few times.

   "I'm pregnant." She repeated.

   "When did you find this out?"

   "This morning."

   "Is it Jack's?" He asked next.

   She gets an extremely offended look on her face.

   "Of course it is! Do you think I cheated on him?!" She whisper-yelled, trying not wake up anyone.

   "O-oh I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I didn't mean it that way, I just- I didn't- I didn't mean to upset you." Adam stuttered.

   She took a deep breathe.

   "I'm sorry, Adam. I'm just so stressed and overwhelmed with everything going on already, and this it's just- I'm so close to absolutely losing it. I shouldn't take it out on you though. You don't deserve that, I'm sorry." She said. "I just don't know what to do."

   She started to cry and she buries her face in her hands. A million different thoughts were racing through her head. Should she tell Jack? Should she even keep the baby? She knew that Jack had always wanted a baby, but there wasn't a worse possible time for it than now.