• Epilogue •

The next morning Jack and Gracie woke up in their hotel room. Gracie checked her phone and realized they needed to be at the airport in an hour, or they were for sure going to miss their flight back to New York.

   "Jack." She whispered. "We need to get up."

   "No." He grumbled.

   "Yes. We're gonna miss our flight."

   He grabbed my waist and pulled me into him, kissing the back of my neck. His warm breath sent chills down my spine.

   "I don't care."

   As cute as he was being, I still grumbled back at him.

   "We have to get up, Jack."

   "No, I wanna lay here with you." He said.

   "I do too. But I also wanna go home." I chuckled.

   There was a bang on the hotel room door.

   "Guys! We're gonna miss the plane!" Ryan said from the other side.

   "Go away!" Jack said.

   "Jack!"

   "I'm not getting up yet." He said, holding me tightly close to him.

   I playfully fought my way out of his arms.

   "We have to go, love!" She said, grabbing his hand and trying to pull him out of the bed.

   "No!" He said, keeping his eyes shut.

   I stopped to go change my clothes and he was finally sitting up when I got back.

   "Jack."

   "I know, I know. I'll get up."

   "Good." I said, stepping on my tip toes and pecking him on the cheek.

   We are finally on the plane back home, and Jack fell asleep on my shoulder.

   "What a sleepyhead." I whispered, touching his curly hair then kissing him on the forehead.

He stirred a little bit and nuzzled his face closer to my neck. I started to fall asleep too, leaning my head onto his.

I was about to fall asleep, when my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out, and it was a message from my doctor, a reminder about my appointment later today.

I totally forgot. I was going to find out the baby's gender today.

I suddenly felt super giddy.

"I'm excited!" Jack said, holding my hand as we walking to the doctors office.

"Me too!"

We checked in, and it felt like so long before I was called back. I ended up having the same nurse I had the last couple times.

"I see you have a guest with you this time." She said with a smile.

"Yes I do." I chuckled.

I laid down on the bed and she started to put the cold gel on my belly. I still wasn't really showing that much, you almost couldn't tell.

She started looking around, and I felt like I was going to explode if she didn't tell me right now.

"Okay, everything looks perfect! You guys have a very healthy baby in there."

"That's great!" Jack said.

"Can you see the gender yet?" I asked.

"That was going to be my next question." She laughed. "Would you like to know right now?"

I looked at Jack for a second and then nodded.

"Okay." She smiled, taking a closer look. "It looks like you guys have a baby girl in here."

A girl.

We're gonna have a little girl.

"We're having a girl." I said, looking up at Jack and tearing up.

Jack leaned down and kissed me.

"We're having a girl."

This is it.

This is the good part.