CHAPTER TWO

Sofia wakes up with a large yawn. She suddenly realized what today was. Today she would find out who she will be betrothed to. Sofia had just gotten out of bed and placed her hair into a bun when Amber comes bursting into her room. 

"Ahh Amber, are you okay?" Sofia asks, cautiously seeing Amber's frazzled state. 

"No, I am not okay. I am getting betrothed and I don't know who it is or how to think." Amber says, hyperventilating. 

"Well if it makes you feel any better, I am too," Sofia says, taking her sister's hand. 

Amber yanks her hands out of Sofia's. "What! To who?" 

Sofia shrugs. "I don't know either. I find out today. But it is one of the princes from Wilshire. I kind of hope it's Hugo." Sofia's cheeks turn red when she realizes what she said. 

"Sofia why would you want Prince Hugo to be your betrothed? Are you crazy?" 

"Why not?" 

"Sofia. Hugo isn't the same person you graduated with. He is rude, self-absorbed, so cocky, and mean. He bullies everyone at Corinthian sports. He thinks he is higher than everyone else." Amber explains. 

"How do you know all of this?" Sofia said. "I don't believe that he would change."

"Sofia, James' friends all told him the kind of person he has become. I have heard things from other princesses and princes Sofia. He isn't the kind of person to be wanting to be betrothed to."

"I don't believe you," Sofia says. "Hugo would never ever go back to how he was when I first met him. I refuse to believe you, Amber." 

"Fine. If you wanna believe he is still such a good person then go right ahead. But DO NOT come CRYING to me when you find out the truth!" Amber yells, storming out of Sofia's room. "And make sure you are dressed properly Sofia."

Tears ran down Sofia's face, as she fell to the floor. She quickly recovers and goes to her closet to find a nice dress to wear today. Sofia chose a dark purple dress with a three-quarter skirt. She pulls her hair into a low bun with strands framing her face. She chooses some silver sandal heals and chooses a silver diamond tiara. She looks herself over before heading downstairs to leave. 

"Sofia you look absolutely stunning," Miranda says. 

"Thanks, mom." Sofia says with a smile. 

Everyone gets into the coach and they head to the kingdom of Wilshire. After a 15-minute coach ride, they arrive at the castle, where the royal family of Wilshire was already waiting. 

Trumpets sound as the coach lands. 

"From the Kingdom of Enchansia, may I present King Rolland the II, Queen Miranda, the crowned Princess, Princess Amber, Prince James, and Princess Sofia." the announcer says. 

Hugo immediately was in awe of Sofia, he couldn't look away. She was even more beautiful than he last saw her. Her hair looked as if it was much longer. She was taller and was graceful in all her moves. 

Everyone bowed and curtsied. Hugo approached Sofia. 

"Prince Hugo," Sofia says, curtising.

Hugo grabs Sofia's hand and kisses the top. "Princess Sofia." 

Sofia blushes and smiles. Sofia found Hugo much more handsome. His hair was perfectly slicked back and he was much taller. Sofia then caught Amber's cold glare and quickly shrank down. Hugo noticed Sofia's change in mood but didn't question it. 

The trumpets then sounded again and another coach flew down. 

"From the kingdom of Alperque. May I present King Geroge, Queen Marilyn, and the crowned Prince, Prince Desmond"