CHAPTER TEN

Sofia did her best to ignore all the royals and their taunts. She concentrated on her schoolwork and derby practice. She was happier than the past week. She and Hugo won the championship ships making them happier than ever

After the championship win

"You are coming to the ball tonight right?" Hugo questions Sofia, as he gives the reigns of his horse to the stable boy. 

"I think it would be very bad manners not to go to the ball hosted by my betrothed's family would it not," Sofia says, not blinking an eye. 

"So that's a yes?" Hugo questions, confusion written over his face. 

Sofia laughs. "Of course, that is a yes Hugo." 

Hugo sighs in relief, before moving behind Sofia and sticking his arms around her waist. "Good." 

Sofia leans into the embrace, relishing the moment. They haven't been able to have much time alone really since their betrothal apart from the occasional escapes after practice and during gatherings of their family, planning coronations and weddings. 

"You know we should do something. Just you and me." Hugo says, out of the blue. 

"Like what?" Sofia asks, looking up at him. 

"You will just have to wait and see princess," Hugo says, a mischievous grin on his face. 

The two eventually part ways, needing to prepare for Welshire's annual masquerade ball. Sofia heads home, and with the help of Amber and Miranda, Sofia is ready for the ball. She was dressed in a light blue gown, with a tulle skirt and off-the-shoulder sleeves, covered in delicate white fabric flowers. Her hair was pulled into a low bun with a braid sitting across her head, strands framing her face. She had a pair of white heels with floral designs and a gold tiara sitting on her head. She was going to wait till the ball to place her white and blue mask on.

 She was going to wait till the ball to place her white and blue mask on