Date Jitters (friends)

Miles paced back and forth in his room, his heart pounding with nerves. Tonight was his first official date with a special someone, and he wanted everything to go perfectly. But the anxiety was getting the best of him.

Just as he contemplated canceling the date altogether, there was a soft knock on his bedroom door. Gwen peeked her head in, a knowing smile on her face.

"Hey, Miles. Nervous about your big date?"

"You have no idea, Gwen. I don't want to mess things up. What if I say something dumb or do something embarrassing?"

Gwen stepped fully into the room, her eyes filled with empathy.

"Trust me, I've been there. But remember, the person you're going out with already likes you for who you are. Just be yourself, and everything will fall into place."

Miles sighed, still fidgeting with his shirt collar.

"I guess you're right, Gwen. But I want to make a good impression. I don't even know what to wear."

"No worries, I've got your back. Let's find something that suits you and makes you feel confident."

Together, they rummaged through Miles' wardrobe, trying out different combinations of clothes until they settled on a stylish yet comfortable outfit.

"Looking good, Miles. Remember, confidence is key. And if you ever feel nervous during the date, just take a deep breath and be present in the moment."

Miles nodded, a small smile forming on his face.

"Thanks, Gwen. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Hey, that's what friends are for, right? Now, go out there and have an amazing time. And remember, I'm just a text away if you need any backup."

Miles took a deep breath, feeling a renewed sense of confidence.

"I can do this. Thanks for believing in me, Gwen."

As Miles left his room, Gwen watched him go with a proud and supportive smile. She knew he had what it took to make this date a success.

"You've got this, Miles. Show them the incredible person I already know you are."

With a final nod of determination, Miles headed out the door, ready to face his date and embrace the adventure that awaited him.