Chapter 4: Battle for the Empire

/4/
Battle for the Empire

---

"BAKA NAMAN may ginawa ka pala tapos 'di mo namalayan?" Quinn asked the Marquez boy whose head was slumped over the meeting desk in their office

"BAKA NAMAN may ginawa ka pala tapos 'di mo namalayan?" Quinn asked the Marquez boy whose head was slumped over the meeting desk in their office. It was past five in the afternoon, and the six of them had decided to stay at their very own headquarters to finish what was left of their move-in and office decoration.

"You know, like, steal his cafeteria food or something? Accidentally copied off his homework?" the dark-skinned boy suggested teasingly, before popping a french fry into his mouth.

His comments were met with a strained whine from the Marquez boy.

"Nagpapatawa ka ba Quinn?? Ni 'di ko pa nga siya nagiging kaklase kahit kailan?!" yamot na sabi ni Jarrell, his voice muffled from his slumped position. He then momentarily raised his head and lazily watched Sera who was changing the curtains of the office into a better type of cloth. 

"'Di kaya crush ako?" he subconsciously whispered to himself as he appreciated the scene of Sera before him. 

Instead of an answer though, he ended up receiving a rather harsh hit at the back of his head from Queenie who was arranging the decoratives on top of the mantelpiece. 

"ARAY!" bulyaw ng binata dahilan para matawa si Quinn at muntik nang mabulunan.

"'Yang energy mo sa pagmukmok, ilipat mo nalang kaya sa paglinis?? Edi nakatulong ka pa?!" saway ng dalaga habang hinihimas ni Jarrell ang kaniyang ulo.

"Ba't ba ang susungit ng mga tao ngayon? Lord, may regla na ba ang lahat?" he whined out loud.

"Huwag mo nalang kasing pansinin si Enzo. He's probably stressed with the whole campaign," Rein shrugged, plopping down on his swivel chair behind his desk. "I heard from earlier that little miss Suarez decided to run, so he most likely has his knickers in a twist."

Jarrell let out a scoff.

"Pfft. Kahit naman 'di campaign season parang palagi pa rin namang mainit ulo n'on sakin," simangot nito. But Rein wasn't paying attention to his friend anymore when his phone started vibrating from the pocket of his pants.

Hades calling...

Rein immediately grimaced with the contact name — one that he had labeled for his father.

"You know you don't have to answer him all the time," Ann said out of the blue, peeking over his shoulder to see the name in his phone.

Instinctively, itinago agad ng binata ang cellphone at saka pinantaas ng kilay ang dalaga. "Ever the nosy girl you are, Lobris," he said defensively, meeting her eyes. "Also, you're one to talk, trying to fulfill your parents' backlogged dreams."

"Careful, Maccio," Ann warned, her eyes turning into slits. "You know damn well I don't have a choice." 

Dahil dito ay saglit na napunta ang isip ng dalaga sa unfinished assignments niya for her Entrepreneurship at Introduction to Accountancy subjects — both of which she had been dreading for all summer long.