Chapter 15: A Widow's Daughter

/15/
A Widow's Daughter

---

"EARTH TO Ann Lobris!" Sera hissed, snapping a finger in front of the petite girl's face

"EARTH TO Ann Lobris!" Sera hissed, snapping a finger in front of the petite girl's face. This immediately pulled the Lobris heir out of her own thoughts and back to reality. 

Napakurap ng ilang beses ang dalaga bago tumingin sa kanyang mga kaibigan na kunot-noong nakatitig sa kanya. She then saw Queenie still sitting down on the white bed, a hand hovering above her stomach, and remembered that she was still in the clinic after the cafeteria mishap that happened earlier.

"Girl, okay ka lang ba?" demanda ulit ni Sera, a hand on her hips. "Huwag mong sabihin ikaw rin nakakain ng panis?"

"Sabi sa inyo nakahanap 'yan ng pogi si Ann eh."

"Shut it Jarrell," Rein snapped back at his friend who raised both his hands guiltily before murmuring to himself. "Bilis naman magselos."

"I'm fine," Ann said quickly, folding her arms as if suddenly feeling cold. "Bigla lang ako nahilo, that's all."

Before they could further pester Ann,  dumating naman na ulit 'yung nurse, dala-dala ang gamot ni Queenie at isang baso ng tubig. 

"This should do the trick," the nurse said, giving the medicine to the curly-haired girl who drank it with the water. 

"Buti dinala niyo agad siya sa clinic. Food poisoning, though it can happen any time, may be fatal if not attended soon," sambit ng nurse bago kinuha ang baso. She then gave a few more instructions to the friend group before finally giving them privacy.

Ann tried to take another peek of Elysia and Enzo but the nurse had closed the curtain too soon.

"Do we think this is the culprit's response to us taking up the case?" seryosong tanong ni Quinn habang ipinahiga ang kanyang kapatid.

"Like a threat?"

"Yeah."

"But that would imply they have connections with the cafeteria," Sera pointed out.

"With everything that happened to us with the Cortez case last time, walang imposible," Rein said bluntly. 

"In that case, we need to start moving quick. Kailangan may nakabantay na sa mga suspects natin — lalo na kay Emerie na nakasabay ni Queenie kanina. She could have distracted Queenie while falling in line before poisoning her food," seroyosong sambit ni Ann. "Quinn, ikaw na ang magbantay kay Em—"

"I wanna do it," Queenie insisted, sitting up on the bed until her head was resting on the headboard. "Kung si Emerie nga ang nagbigay ng panis na carbonara, then I want to be the one to capture her myself."

Nagkatinginan ang lima.

"Pero may sakit ka pa—"

"I'll be fine by tomorrow," pagpupumilit ni Queenie. She then turned her head to Ann. "Ibigay niyo na 'to sakin. It'll be my own kind of revenge."