Chapter 10: A New Crime Scene

/10/
A New Crime Scene

---

NOTHING BUT the long shadows of the three students could be seen casted on the rows of bookshelves, their hushed tones echoing throughout the library walls as the lone teenage boy laid down his plans to the two other girls

"So the main gist of what we're going to do is offer distractions that can throw Keira and Sheyna off their tracks, all while criticizing our current system," Ani Enzo, his back straight and his composure relaxed, as if he was just giving a speech to the student body instead of plotting a dangerous scheme that could potentially exile him from his position for good.

"I haven't given it much thought since I've been busy trying to get the two of you on board with this idea, but for now, pangalanin muna natin na 'Operation: Control' ito."

Emerie let out a loud snort as Enzo swiftly pulled out his phone to check his notes.

"As much as I admire your leadership skills Mr. president, you have seriously got to work on your creativity. That's what you lacked in your campaign, by the way," the Castrana girl pointed out, causing Enzo to shrug.

"Well, kaya nga kayo nandito diba? Feel free to be the creative brains to partner my stoic, logical side — or whatever the Gazette wrote about me," he grinned, giving Elysia a knowing look that made the girl scoff and chuckle.

She knew that the president was pertaining to a feature article that was written about him last year, when he was still the deputy president.

"Wala akong kinalaman d'yan, ngayon lang ako na-assign sa student council beat," the feature writer said in defense before waving a hand. "But enough of that, how exactly do you propose we distract the two bitchiest girls in our batch?"

Enzo responded by raising a book in his hand. It was an old, beaten-up copy of the first The Hunger Games book by Suzanne Collins, a book Elysia hadn't seen in a while since it was banned in Castillo High last 2014, when a group of graduating seniors that were intoxicated with drugs, had almost killed another senior during a Hunger Games-inspired halloween party. 

"Through mayhem? Rebellion? Whatever you girls would like to call it," he replied, tossing the book towards a now-frowning Elysia. 

"We'll be making strict and intricate plans of minor destruction throughout the school at a random pace. Since Keira is the vice president whose duty is mainly to organize both internal and external affairs of the school, this would definitely keep her busy. And of course, Sheyna, as a news writer, will be preoccupied trying to cover all these events. She'll most likey think that the more events she'll cover, the closer she gets to that EIC position."

Enzo then snapped his fingers. "But in reality, I'll be putting forward platforms and projects to solve these destructions that can give me the upper hand. It'll destroy Keira's credibility as vice president, as well as show her inability to resolve extreme situations like... ayun, a mysterious rebellious group," he chuckled before nodding towards the feature writer.