part five

"how did you got lost?"

"woof."

"do you live nearby?"

"woof."

"what is your owner's name?"

"woof."

"do you understand what i'm talking about?"

"...woof."

chenle sighed, what is he doing right now? "i look stupid." chenle tells himself, realizing just now that interrogating this dog won't help with nothing.

he went straight to the pet shop that was ironically next to the vet after the check up and bought some necessities for the dog, but the dog passed out (fell asleep) right after it was treated till this morning, so chenle didn't get to play with it. and now here he is, having no clue on what to do with this dog. he's dying to claim it as his and keep it but he knows that the real owner must've been looking for their dog like crazy right now.

don't be selfish lele, this is not yours.

but a tiny weeny part of him is insisting on keeping this adorable creature with him for some time.

chenle goes back to staring at the puppy that is happily playing its newly bought toy, his mind busy thinking of his next step. he really can't decide, he doesn't want to be selfish but this puppy right here is too adorable to resist, and the fact that he's been dying on having one doesn't help him to think straight at all.

well, a day won't hurt right?

as if the dog heard his thoughts, it yelps, which to chenle, sounds like a 'yes'.

yes, it won't.

chenle grins, he extend his hands and scoop the puppy into his embrace, rubbing it's soft fur onto his face while repeating 'good boy'. "you are truly one intelligent creature." (what in the ai compliment is this)

the puppy starts yelping in excitement, tails wiggling, somehow it looks like it does understand what chenle is saying. at this point anyone would think this is chenle's pet, yet he himself is unsure how this dog he found and rescued gets attached to him.

but who is he to complain?

"what should i name you?" chenle pull the dog a little further from him like he's having a conversation with a real dog. he knows he has no right to name this dog, it wasn't his in the first place but for the meantime, before he find the owner, it would be great to call it with something other than 'puppy'.

the chinese presses his lips, looking at the puppy intensely while trying to come up with a cute and simple name. something related to him.

"lele?" a nickname of himself that his friends gave to him, it's simple and he loves it, "but i already name my dolphin plushie that."

there are few name suggestion that pops up in his mind, but some of them are either doesn't really suits the puppy (a.k.a fighter) or it reminds him of something that could make him cringe (a.k.a nana, it's a cute name but it reminds him of jaemin).

just when chenle thought of naming the dog after his best friend, he received a message from the older. he immediately place the dog down and grab his phone on the table, reading the message from notification.

ceo na
your crush
🖼️  image

"crush?" since when does he has a crush? the last time he did was when he was 5, a silly crush on a kindergarten teacher but that was before he and jaemin met.