𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

ILYANA THOUGHT the reefs were lovely, even though she had only seen them briefly from above when she arrived at Awa'atlu. For some reason, Ilyana started to appreciate the fact that the fauna appeared to be much more tranquil than it was in the forest because the previous few days had been violent.

The day after they arrived, it was already the next morning, and Tsireya urged them to join her brother and his friend for a morning swim. Of course, the Sullys couldn't refuse her request. Ilyana, Kiri, and Tuk all screamed before rushing into the water, and Lo'ak and Neteyam sprinted ahead, diving into the ocean first. The Sully children all observed the aquatic life swimming around them; Kiri appeared to be the most entranced by this and started swimming forward while beaming. The Sully kids were delighted by the new environment as Tsireya turned to face them and grinned at them. They all moved forward, taking in more of the surroundings, but stopped when they needed to swim for oxygen at the surface. As Tsireya signed something to the siblings that none of them understood, Lo'ak submerged his head in the water. In confusion, they all raised their arms. Instead, she simply gestured for them to approach; they then took another breath before diving back down.
The forest Na'vi attempted to follow the trio in front of them, but their swimming skills lacked Neteyam grabbed Lo'ak, and Ilyana's shoulders pointed to the surface as they all swam up together.
"How do they hold their breath for so long?" Neteyam asks his siblings, and Ilyana shrugs her shoulders in reply. The two boys dipped their heads in, watching as Tsireya Roxto and Aonung swam up to the surface.
"Are you all right?" Tsireya queries them.
"You're too fast! Wait for us." Tuk complains as Ilyana swims beside her.
"Just breathe." Tsireya advises them as Aonung rises from beside Tsireya.
"You are not good divers. Maybe good at swinging through trees, but.." He tries to insult but is stopped when Tsireya slaps him on the head.
"Come on, bro. We don't speak this finger talk, guys. We don't know what you're saying." Neteyam tells the trio.
"I will teach you." Tsireya reassures.

"Where is Kiri?" Roxto speaks up
"Kiri?" Tuk asks
"Who?" Aonung asks

"Kiri."

"Did you see her?" Tsireya asks them as they all turn their heads checking if she was behind them.

"No." Ilyana mumbles in worry

"I'll find her." Tsireya offers earning a nod from the Sully siblings.

Not long after the younger girl found Kiri and told them she was safe Tsireya led them to meet Ilu. Aonung makes a clicking sound at the back of his throat calling them over.
"These are ilu. If you want to live here.. you have to ride." He tells the siblings.

Ilyana stood with Tuk beside her as Lo'ak got taught how to ride the ilu by Tsireya. After following Tsireya's instructions he held onto the grip taking a deep breath before setting off.

"Hold on!"

He loses control as he rockets through the water second after second. After taking a deep breath, Ilyana puts her head into the water and watches as her brother fails the challenge of riding an Ilu by falling off and rising to the surface. In response to his failure, Aonung laughs aloud as Tsireya covers her lips to stifle her chuckles.

"Forest girl." The eldest Sully hears from beside her. "It's your turn."

Ilyana follows the kid with the turquoise skin to her right, motioning for her to accompany him over to the Ilu. Unsure of what to do, the girl just stares at the boy standing opposite her.

"Well, get on her then." The boy sasses.

"All right." The girl responds, doing right as he said.

"Make the bond." He tells her