𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

THE TWINS speed walk their way towards their youngest brother, both with the same intentions. To keep him safe.

"Lo'ak!" Ilyana raises her loud voice for the first time in a month or so. To which Lo'ak turns his body to the ilu saddles, clearly ignoring her. Neteyam walks past his sister and closer to the troublesome boy.

"No way you're rolling out of here, baby brother." Neteyam speaks up, looking his brother in the eye.

"I have to warn Payakan about the pingers." He says the two siblings stood in front of him.

"No," Neteyam states clearly. "You've got to keep your skxawng ass here."

"He's outcast. There's nobody to warn him but me." Lo'ak complains, looking deep into his sister's eyes, hoping for her to let him go.

"Lo'ak, you need to stay here. You know that." Ilyana replies to the boy, attempting not to escalate the situation. Lo'ak looks at her and shakes his head.

"Bro, why do you always have to make things so hard?" Neteyam asks Loak, placing a hand on his head. Lo'ak grabs his arm and yanks it off with a pained look on his face.

"No."

"Lo'ak, mom and dad would want us here." Ilyana tries to convince him.

"You mean, why can't I be the perfect son and daughter like you?" Neteyam's ears perk down at Lo'ak's comment as he faces the other way. "The perfect little soliders." He pauses before speaking again. "Well, I'm not either of you! Okay?"

"Lo'ak, you need to stop." Ilyana tries to reason yet again, looking at her brother with pleading eyes.

"No, Ilyana. I won't." He shouted back, causing the girl to stumble back a little.

"I'm not you." Lo'ak says, diverting his eyes back to Neteyam. "He's my brother. I'm going."

"Oh, he's your brother?" Neteyam's reasons for storming towards Lo'ak and grabbing his shoulder "No, I'm your brother.

Ilyana's eyes glide towards Tsireya, Aonung, and Roxto, who had only just arrived in their ilu's. She takes this as an opportunity to grab Lo'ak's arm.

"Don't be an idiot, Lo'ak." She insults him, looking into his green eyes. She shouldn't have called him that, but she really had tried everything to get her younger brother to stay.

"Get off me. He says he is walking off and diving into the water.

"Lo'ak!" Neteyam shouts.

"Shit." Ilyana mumbles in defeat.

"Come on." Neteyam tells the trio, knocking Aonung on the chest. "He's going to payakan."

With that, Neteyam calls his ilu and dives into the water a little like Lo'ak did seconds beforehand.

"Ilyana!" Aonung shouts, getting the girls attention, and pointing to her Ilu.

"Thanks." She's whispering in reply and looking back at the boy before diving into the sea.

"Come back!" Tsireya calls for the boy. Ilyana then notices Tuk and Kiri rise from the waters on the same Ilu.