𝐓𝐄𝐍

SALT WATER surrounded Ilyana's mouth as she grimaced at the taste. She knew her brothers going back to fetch Spider wasn't a smart idea; if anything, it was common sense. The ship was covered deck to deck with Sky People, ready to fight and kill her family. On the other hand, Ilyana considered her ikran, Rä with whom she had only shared leftovers from supper during the previous few months. She missed riding the animal through the air. She cherished and treasured the Ikran races that she and Neteyam belonged to.

As she got closer to the coast, Ilyana's breath got short. She hurried back to her Mauri pod with just one goal in mind as soon as her feet reached the sand. When she got there, she secretly glanced at the Toruk Makto toy on the shelf, almost as if it would give her motivation to continue fighting. She seized her extra knife and inserted it into her sheath. The sun almost made Ilyana blind her by shining directly into her eyes as the eclipse drew closer. Her gaze immediately fell upon Rä. She approached the animal and comfortingly rubbed its neck.

"Hey." She murmurs to the creature in a voice that was nearly whisper-like.

Within seconds, she was in the sky, her eyes almost glued to the demon ship. Those damn selfish demons that Ilyana hated so much 'Penis faces' are what Lo'ak would call them, and the list would've gone on for a long time. It was now completely dark, and there were multiple spots in the ocean that almost looked like the stars were swimming at full speed. Ilyana saw a figure on shore loaded with leather ammo packs decorated across its body. For a second, the eldest sully girl thought it was an avatar, but after squinting her eyes some more, she soon realised it was her father. Her eyes drifted back to the figures moving in the water, and she soon realised it was her brother, Loak, followed by Tsireya. But she soon realised that they were holding a body.

"Shit, Lo'ak." Ilyana mumbles to herself, "Shit. She repeats it in panic.
Her mind pondered again. Neteyam.

Ilyana didn't even want to think about how quick it took for her ikran's feet to touch the ground. She ran towards her family. She didn't care how hard she was panting; she needed to know if her brothers were okay.

Once she arrived, she saw that anklet and knew exactly who it was.

"It's okay, bro. We've got you." Ilyana heard Lo'ak's voice as she kneeled down at her twins feet. Jake turned the boy's body over and grimaced at the sight, as did Ilyana.

"Oh my shit, Tey. What happened?" Ilyana asked; her question was mainly aimed at Lo'ak.
The younger boy took notice of her presence and flashed a sad smile at her. Tears releasing from his tearducts.

"Oh no." Jake whispers as Neteyam's breaths become faster. "Put pressure. Put pressure on it." Jake said to his son, guiding his hands to Neteyam's shotgun wound.

"It's okay. I'm here." Jake spoke softly.

Neytiri's ikran soon landed beside Ilyana's as the woman rapidly made her way beside her mate.

"No, no, no, no."

"It's okay."

"I want to go home." Neteyam gasps, struggling to release his words. He looked at his sister, knowing they shared the exact same feeling. She wanted to go home too.

"I know, I know. We're goin' home. Jake's voice quivers. "We're going home."

"Neteyam, you're going to be all right. Ilyana's voice shook in the enclosed space. She knew that was a lie, but she could only hope that she was wrong.